• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Whats the deal Virgin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, but they got an early upgrade and an Airbus type rating! Its worth it to cash those $95 an hour Captain checks!

I don't make as much as them of course, but I do make as much as 12 year seniority legacy wide body captains (this is year two for me
wink.gif
) and to answer your question, I do feel pretty good about that. The question is, how do the VA pilots feel about being the lowest paid pilots in the Virgin brand (including Virgin Nigeria) It is shameful that we as workers accept pay levels as low as some of the poorest countries on the planet

I have no idea how much any Virgin guys make but I am very familiar with flying for the Japanese.

I can assure you they have a bitch board where they post complaints about "undercutting our contract".

People in glass houses and all that....

P.S. Save your winks for the Palin crowd.

Find out how much they are flying A320's for and then get back to us. Sure, you and I (as all pilots) bare responsibility for the erosion of our salaries, but all we can do is try to increase our personal incomes and try to set higher personal standards, I did it by seeking a job that would pay me a higher wage than a 12 year seniority legacy 767 captain. And you MR B, where do you fly that A320 on your profile? then we can talk about the relative thickness of our houses glass

PS: sorry to burst your bubble but I voted for Obama;)

Find out how much they are flying A320's for and then get back to us. Sure, you and I (as all pilots) bare responsibility for the erosion of our salaries, but all we can do is try to increase our personal incomes and try to set higher personal standards, I did it by seeking a job that would pay me a higher wage than a 12 year seniority legacy 767 captain. And you MR B, where do you fly that A320 on your profile? then we can talk about the relative thickness of our houses glass

PS: sorry to burst your bubble but I voted for Obama;)

Wow, if you really have to know.....

I fly for UAL, don't care how much VA makes (give em a break and rid yourself of the elitist attitude....you are after all a gaijin) , and I sought a higher personal standard by expanding a non-aviation business. Let me know if you have a need for a commercial contractor. Sayonara.

Oh, but they got an early upgrade and an Airbus type rating! Its worth it to cash those $95 an hour Captain checks!

If you were formerly a senior CA and your airline failed, you have two choices if you want to stay in 121 flying.

A. Start over at, say, CAL, for very little $ and no medical insurance for your family the first 6 months. Slowly climb back up the list, taking one step backwards for every two steps forward.

B. Get in on the ground floor at a new company, hope like hadies it survives and work to improve your lot if & when it does. Reap CA pay at a lower rate for a while in the process.

Not all of us are 25 YO RJ drivers. You can huff & puff about your precious contract all you want, but without a national seniority and national contract, there will always disparities.

My take is you should have held the line and closed down bankrupt companies to protect the profession. Then you could start over like a lot of guys are doing and see how your perspective changes.

Nope, own a construction company. I wish the best in both your business and finding someone to merge with, pronto!

You do it all don't ya? lol Bet you own a paving company, a consulting firm, a few refineries, and maybe a couple adult bars also. You truly are the American dream! :nuts:

Did you do the drywall at the new McDonalds down in Las Galinas????

What would YOU do with a million dollars????:laugh:

Mookie

Latest resources

Back