• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the deal on US Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
paid ticket or not, you're going to work.

So is the guy in the business suit going to a meeting. What's the difference? Both are on expensive last-minute tickets that keep airline guys employed. The difference is the frac guy's ticket was purchased at the last minute, and represents more revenue for your airline.

for a free ride , I try to straighten a few belts if i can. call it showing gratitude.
"Free ride"? So anyone whose company buys him a ticket should be back there helping to clean up the plane to show their gratitude? :confused:

That's even stranger than the pilots who get miffed when we don't "check in" with them as we board.

Glasspilot, as a home based pilot that doesn't have a choice in air travel, I completely agree. Delta tried it for a while and thankfully toned it down. I think it is both shameless and obnoxious for the airlines to force advertisements down our throats. With limited choices of airlines, the arguments about simply taking your business elsewhere doesn't fly (no pun intended). In spite of popular opinion, the market doesn't take care of everything.

(Remember, even though the your use of the word "commuting" was correct in a dictionary sense, it was incorrect in an industry sense.)

CA1900
I assume most frac guys have flown 121 sched. so i put forth, you're really just going to work, paid or not. as i said earlier, i would think that being an FA,caterer, babysitter,luggage porter, FBO lizard, lineboy, FO, diplomat, and bull$hit artist would be more challenging for a frac pilot than sitting and listening to a short diatribe on credit cards.

is this any more offensive than the stupid (i'll name 50 gates and thier connecting city) speech . D as in Danny, A as in apple, B as in betty...that sux more IMHO.

as for "a free ride..I'll straighten a few belts....How do you spin that into "cleaning the plane" ? one out of 5 , i may do it..usually they say don't bother..and I go "you sure?" thanks... it's just the effort...

fly safe!

I have to agree with the original poster. US Air has become the worst carrier out there. When my company require that I travel commercial, I try and avoid them like the plague. Its a shame really, because growing up I always wanted to work for Piedmont/USAirways. Can't say that I still feel that way.

Last edited:
CA1900
I assume most frac guys have flown 121 sched. so i put forth, you're really just going to work, paid or not. as i said earlier, i would think that being an FA,caterer, babysitter,luggage porter, FBO lizard, lineboy, FO, diplomat, and bull$hit artist would be more challenging for a frac pilot than sitting and listening to a short diatribe on credit cards.

You brought up all those degrading titles a few times. Is that supposed to be insulting?

FA, okay, I do give the brief. caterer, sure I put the food out. Babysitter, never ever watch kids. Don't walk dogs either. Luggage porter? Sure but there is only a couple people with few bags. FBO lizard? I sat way more at the airline. At least now when I sit I have leather lounge chairs with big screen TVs and free snacks & stuff. Even a crew car to go out for lunch. Lineboy? Sometimes I pull chocks but rarely. Diplomat? so do you go to your boss and tell him to screw himself? If not then your being diplomatic. BS artist? I lied to 121 pax all the time! You lie to me all the time as a pax. CAL just flew half way accross the Atlantic with a dead Captain. You think they told the truth to the pax? I guarentee if I died in flight my pax would know the truth.

Our jobs are different. In my opinion mine is way better now that I'm out of 121. I make way more money, am home way more, commute on company time and dime, and like my time at work more. I stay at nice hotels, come home rested. Have no TSA, no hub and spoke, no penalty box, the list goes on forever.

is this any more offensive than the stupid (i'll name 50 gates and thier connecting city) speech . D as in Danny, A as in apple, B as in betty...that sux more IMHO.

No, that's pretty stupid too. Although to be fair, the US Air CC announcement goes out every flight. The 50 gate nonsense happens on 1 of 10 or 15 of my flights. They can stop both in my book.

as for "a free ride..I'll straighten a few belts....How do you spin that into "cleaning the plane" ? one out of 5 , i may do it..usually they say don't bother..and I go "you sure?" thanks... it's just the effort...

fly safe!

You are crazy if you think for one second I'm gonna clean the plane (or straighten a few belts") on a full fare ticket. I always helped when I non-reved or jumpseated, but on a full fare ticket? What, do you go out to a nice restaurant and "help out" by bussing a few tables?

CA1900
I assume most frac guys have flown 121 sched. so i put forth, you're really just going to work, paid or not.

No, I'm not. I'm at work, on duty, traveling on company business. Glass's "bus tables" analogy is spot-on.

Not any more offensive, but equally irritating. On that note, kudos to the American Eagle FA last week who, rather than blaring the connecting gates over the PA, went down the aisle and talked to each passenger about connecting flights. That was above and beyond!

Latest resources

Back