• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the deal on US Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suggest you write a letter of complaint to Consumer Relations. Be sure to mention that you were a pilot commuting space available, and let us know how that works out for you.

Wait I'm confused did the poster buy a ticket or was he non-revving? If he was non-revving then he should shut the :smash: up and just be appreciative of the ride. If he did buy a ticket then don't fly US Airways again. Good luck finding an airline that doesn't advertise to you in one way or another.

i fly on them as a privalege every week. I'm happy to be going home. always get the big water and I couldn't care less. In fact it isn't on every leg. this is way overblown

Not sure about US Airways, but I know other airlines give a flat rate commission to flight attendants. $20 per approved credit card application is paid to the fight attendant who handed out the application. This can make big bucks for them, and explains why some of the Fa's go overboard on the PA...

I was on a full fare ticket. Like I said, most pax won't post here, but I do....

Well, I'll be glad to take your word for it at this time, but the vernacular you used implied a different mode of travel....

"So, I commuted to work today on US Air...."

That word has a different connotation to those of us who are not home based.

So by all means send the letter!

CLT airport is the worst. Hired hands tackle you as you walk thru the terminal to get you to sign up for the card.

But check out the cute girls who want to tackle you for the CC application in CLT

Metrojet

Man you got it right. There are a couple of girls over on the B side that have bodies that will stop traffic.. You don't need to talk to them but not a bad sight walking by...

I'm with the author on this one...I have in-ear phones, but they blare that advertisement over the PA. If they have to advertise so bad, just leave it to the tray table ads and let me sleep/enjoy my own in-flight entertainment (since I'm guaranteed not to get a movie unless I'm going over the pond).

I'm just glad to see that there was no complaints about your ride on PSA. We may not have the best bunch of FA's, but it's nice to know that most of them aren't back there driving our pax nuts with bad Credit Card offers.

I don't fly 121. I fly for a fractional. Head over to the fractional threads and you'll see I post there quite a bit. I even posted this thread over there too to get their thoughts on this very matter. Turns out they mostly agree with ya'll that USAir is going WAY overboard with this nonsense.

It was a paid ticket. Full fare. I don't want anything more than other pax and I guarantee the other pax hate the FORCED infomercials too. They just don't know how to log on here and talk straight to the pilots of those flights. I do and did.

Let me stress once more. Not a non-rev. Not a jumpseater. Not space available. Full fare refundable ticket. Even a member of the frequent flyer program with oodles and oodles of free roundtrips due me that end up expirering as I have no way to use them all.

By the way, someone posted on the fractional threads that I should realize that it's those kinds of crazy things that happen on commercial flights that keep us (fractional pilots) employeed as those who can afford to leave the "friendly skies" do. I guess I have to agree with that, so I change my mind. I love those 15 minute infomercials. Keep 'em comming. What runway are we going to land on again?

Fly safe,
glasspilot

paid ticket or not, you're going to work. you do this for a living. for a free ride , I try to straighten a few belts if i can. call it showing gratitude. it's how I was raised. you fly fracs. what about the vip customer service you have to deliver? you're a luggage porter, a babysitter, a cleaner, a caterer, a diplomat and then you're pilot...this doesn't bother you more than a stupid short infomercial?

Latest resources

Back