Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
About a month ago, I heard that they are losing 69 aircraft, but just got a call today for an interview and the gal said that they are planning on hiring quite a few in the coming months.

It seems to me if all of the above is true, it might be a "temporary" job. Any thoughts?

We are buying United and then merging with Cal. Do a search. Lots of rehashed topics on this one. The fat lady hasn't sung yet. We may or may not lose the planes. If you can't get hired elsewhere why not give it a try? If you get furloughed you will at least have recall rights.

Adios

MarineGrunt said:
It seems to me if all of the above is true, it might be a "temporary" job. Any thoughts?

Very possible, but the truth is... Nobody knows. In the next five years, we could double in size, or shrink to nothing.

Like AZpilot says, at least you will have recall rights. Plus, IMHO, it's better than flying night checks in most cases. Worse comes to worse, you will have a few hundred hours of multi turbine for your resume.

I'm interested in working there. They pretty firm on the 100 multi?

JumpCaptain said:
I'm interested in working there. They pretty firm on the 100 multi?

I believe so.

For what it's worth, I heard a rumor :D that CAL has called XJT back to rediscuss the flying of the 69 airframes slated to leave. Like I said....I heard a RUMOR......

Captain X said:
I believe so.

For what it's worth, I heard a rumor :D that CAL has called XJT back to rediscuss the flying of the 69 airframes slated to leave. Like I said....I heard a RUMOR......

If it was from the Training Department, forget it. If it was from the rampers...then it may have some truth to it. For some reason those rampers always seem to know whats going on.

What are the junior bases and reserve times?

You see the problem is, that Express Jet treats their employees better than your average regional. Hence guys stick around. Further more, costs go up as a result of higher paid more senior pilots.

It doesn't seem there is much reason for regional to treat their employees well since it only makes for higher operating costs. Welcome to the regionals. I believe it will get better since Key Bank quit financing and numerous schools have closed their doors due to lack of students. It'll take a few years but once the pilot pool isn't so heavu with guys that will fly for nothing, the wages and work rules will improve to keep pilots around.

MarineGrunt said:
What are the junior bases and reserve times?

One class just recently had everyone going to CLE. Most all start out in EWR. Usually within one system bid you can hold whatever domicile you want.

For March, EWR has about 90 more FO's than built lines. Probably another 20% will get relief lines.

Reserve right now is probably hovering around 6 months in EWR -- and that is just a W.A.G.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back