What's Great Lakes up to?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RDRJR

I have an interview with GLA in Jan. '03. Read of the "informational picket" in the Nov. 28th Denver Post. Is the 30-day cooling off period still in effect? Have heard rumors of a possible/likely strike vote in January. Also, saw in Flight International's May 7-13 '02 issue that GLA is/was/were parking or returning a few 1900's, and all of their EMB-120's. As that info is almost seven month's old, could someone fill in the blanks?

KingAirer said:
Wonder how theyll do with the United Bankruptcy? Any thoughts Lakers?

Are you under the impression that they are still a United Express carrier at Great Lakes? Not anymore.......

Great Lakes is not a contract carrier, only a codeshare.

From the GLA website:
For the nine months ended September 30, 2001 approximately 92% of the Company's passenger revenues were generated utilizing United Airlines ticket stock. As a result of changing to the current code sharing partnership with United Airlines approximately 43% of the Company's passenger revenues continue to be on United Airlines ticket stock. Sales on the Company's own ticket stock has grown to represent approximately 42% of passenger revenues being generated. The Frontier Airlines code share partnership is currently providing approximately 10% of passenger revenue sales.

Last edited:
Who do you have to kill...

How in the heck do you get an interview at GLA. I did the online application thing about 4 weeks ago and not so much as an email or letter. Just wondering how long you have to wait.

Cheers,
Skyking

Does anybody know if GLA allows commuting. Thanks and keep the greasy side down

Pretty much gotta have an inside contact there, someone to pass your name into the chief pilot. I waited almost 4 months before I made a contact inside. I guess they get 60 to 100 resumes a month, so they rely on inside recommends.

A few questions about GLA.

What is the upgrade time now and what do you think it will be in the future?

What is the pay?

What are the domociles?

Would they consider hiring a UA furloughee?

Thanks.

Cheers!

GP

I interviewed with GLA in july and here is the information that I got then:

Upgrade time: 11-15 months

Starting pay: $15.30/hour, 75 hour guarantee

Domiciles: DEN, MSP, ORD

Don't know anything about hiring furloughs:)

Latest resources

Back