Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

keatts

I drank what?!
Since I'd become a pilot a few years back, my goal has always been to work for an established company, something that I can stay at for the rest of my career (like everyone else) and have a somewhat stable life without having to move every 2 or 3 years.

I was able to get an interview at netjets and I thought my problems where solved, I made what I thought was a good impression, did well in the sim, with good CRM, and for whatever reason, they didn't like me.

I'm 41 years old, 3300 total, about 800 jet, 1700 turbine of which about 900 of that is pic, no degree, and I'm living in Socal.

I still want to work for a safe, established company with professional pilots, decent benifits. I'm working for a bottom feeder right now, and my life is, well, almost hell, most of the time.

Can I get this in Socal, or am I going to have to move again to find it? What are my options? Can anyone make any recommendations?

keatts

Did you ever try planejobs.com or climb to 350 .com? It seems Socal is a mecca for job openings. I live in Orlando, and there is NOTHING.

it's a mecca for jobs, but the quality of the operators are at best questionable. There are a few companies from what I understand, that are good operators, but I really need to do research to figure out who they are.

keatts

Don't give up on NJA, find out why they didn't hire you and get a second interview if you can. Two or three of the guys in the interview group of ten that I interviewed with were turned down the first time, they got a second interview 6 months later and were hired.

Also, I understand Skywest Airlines is hiring up the Yingling right now.

Last edited:
NJA bound said:
Don't give up on NJA, find out why they didn't hire you and get a second interview if you can. Two or three of the guys in the interview group of ten that I interviewed with were turned down the first time, they got a second interview 6 months later and were hired.

Also, I understand Skywest Airlines is hiring up the Yingling right now.

I couldn't survive the $19/hr. I'm just getting by on the salary I make now and I bring home about 2x that much. I don't see how a regional can pay that much and I don't see how people live on that much.

I sent email off to one of the interviewers at NJ, I hope that maybe they can enlighten me as to where I went wrong. Maybe after 6 months goes by, the sting of rejection will have subsided.

keatts

Also, my friend flies at Yum Brands. He seems to like it there. Sorry, I don't have any info on them.

Stable Aviaiton Career? Does such a thing exisit?

You are about the same age I am with the same total time. I share your frustration, I would keep at NJ and maybe try one of the other fractionals. It's a tough industry, and well, sometimes you have to make hard choices in order to make it in this industry.

I keep at it :) Stay current and keep making contacts, something good will turn up.

sb

Latest resources

Back