What should I do? Options?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rally

Well, let me explain my situation. I am a ATP CFI-I MEI 2400 TT 265 ME. I have 135 experience. I have been out of the loop for quite a while due to personal issues and family sickness etc. So I do not have a current flying job and not ALOT of flight time recently but I am current. I have interview offers from ASA (got past the phone screening), Comair, and Pinnacle and Colgan. My main concern is QOL for commuting because I cannot move out of Central Florida. I understand these might be issues at Comair, Colgan and Pinnacle? Anybody have any ideas for other regionals that might suck me up? Eagle (MIA base I would pick) already told me to come back when I have a current flying job even though I have more then 12 months flying job experience. (CFI, banner towing, part 135 etc)

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Well, let me explain my situation. I am a ATP CFI-I MEI 2400 TT 265 ME. I have 135 experience. I have been out of the loop for quite a while due to personal issues and family sickness etc. So I do not have a current flying job and not ALOT of flight time recently but I am current. I have interview offers from ASA (got past the phone screening), Comair, and Pinnacle and Colgan. My main concern is QOL for commuting because I cannot move out of Central Florida. I understand these might be issues at Comair, Colgan and Pinnacle? Anybody have any ideas for other regionals that might suck me up? Eagle (MIA base I would pick) already told me to come back when I have a current flying job even though I have more then 12 months flying job experience. (CFI, banner towing, part 135 etc)

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

Any regional would hire you. ASA is the best out of all those you listed.

As a sidenote... All the regionals really suck. If QOL and workrules are important to you then Colgan and Pinnacle shouldn't be options. I don't know what Comair's story is, but we've had a lot of them in our newhire training classes at Pinnacle...

Last edited:
Not saying I am not commited to this job but I have a adversion to training contracts IE republic. Lets just say hypothetically they close all the bases and the only one open is in Seattle, that would be a prob for me. I like ASA, looking at all the things. Its not too far from where I live you could reasonably drive, I think you get your ID pretty early there and there are a bizzilion flights I can do: Tampa, Gainesville, Sarasota, Orlando etc. And reserve is'nt that long I don't think??? If it is, COL is'nt that high in Atlanta is it?

Thanks

Not saying I am not commited to this job but I have a adversion to training contracts IE republic. Lets just say hypothetically they close all the bases and the only one open is in Seattle, that would be a prob for me. I like ASA, looking at all the things. Its not too far from where I live you could reasonably drive, I think you get your ID pretty early there and there are a bizzilion flights I can do: Tampa, Gainesville, Sarasota, Orlando etc. And reserve is'nt that long I don't think??? If it is, COL is'nt that high in Atlanta is it?

Thanks

Atlanta COL is cheap. I hear yah on the training contract.

I don't know what Comair's story is, but we've had a lot of them in our newhire training classes at Pinnacle...

Alot of the 3-5 year FO's are bailing in hopes of a quick upgrade at Pinnacle. We also lose alot of FO's after they get their SIC type (Comair doesn't require a training contract) and they leave for other airlines that offer a signing bonus.

Last I heard, Comair was thinking of adding a 5k bonus as well as the 3k per diem and 240/wk during training to attract and retain new hires.

Just be warned, there are a lot of commuters in Florida.

The commute to JFK from florida can't be that bad can it? How about Florida to ATL? I hear that might be iffy but lots of options. (airports)

From what I've heard Republic hasn't been going after people for the training contract. I turned mine in unsigned and never heard a word about it.

The commute to JFK from florida can't be that bad can it? How about Florida to ATL? I hear that might be iffy but lots of options. (airports)

There are a lot of flight from MCO-JFK, but I never done a flight without someone or two in the jumpseat. I know at JB we have 200 commuters, now add DAL, AA, UAL, Comair, Mesa, Eagle.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back