What kind of pilot shoes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking4Traffic,

Thanks for the info. I have had a pair of Ariat Ropers for several years now, and have been extremely happy with them. They have served me well through 2 winters in MN and MI, as well as a summer in London. Their comfort and durability is second to none. The only thing is I have the "Heritage" model with the 4LR technology, which means the steel shank.

I was pleased to hear of the new "Cobalt" Ropers, and will definitely be asking my local dealer about ordering a pair. Thanks again for the heads up.

ideas

I suppose you could also go to a kids science store or discovery channel store or something similar and look for a very strong ferrous(sp?) magnet, take it with ya to the shoe stores, if it feels like it's sticking to the bottom or inside sole of the shoe, i reckon that means a steel shank, and no good....not a guarantee mind you, but an idea none the less

Last edited:
Just be careful

Make sure you keep the magnet in a different pocket as your credit cards. If not, you'll be leaving the store without the shoes anyway. ;)

d'oh

important safety tip wile.

almost forgot about that, figured most would realize that on their own, but in this world ya never know.

course, who knows what that would do to those little detectors in the stores themselves, might make em go ape-shiesse and have em think your trying to smuggle stuff into the store :D

ECCO's------they are super comfortable and last a long time. They can be sort of expensive ($200.00 or so)---but last forever.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool:

Thanks for the info, everyone.

Ironically, I was actually leaning toward a pair of ECCO slip on's from the start. Glad to hear good things about them:D

I took my shoes to a cobbler (that's a shoe fix it guy for all you Young Bucks) he took out the steel shank and replaced it with a hard plastic one. After that it never beeped, even up to the day I got furloughed again.

Counselair

Latest resources

Back