• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is life like at FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get all the pretzels and bottled water/ice I can consume. Isnt Per Diem $42/day for you guys?

Here is a question...Im considering adding an ATP (I have the written already). I know it never hurts to have one but FO just says ATP mins as the stated mins.

As an update, Im at 1940tt with 1240me and 925 sic Turbine. I know Id be at the low end but you know how that goes.

Gump

Lrjet55,

To answer your question: Raytheon Travel Air. When I was at RTA you had to order your own crew meal and then expense it. Sometimes, if the company thought that didn't fly through an official company meal time, they would not reimburse you. Nor would they always give you enough time to get a crew car to go into town to get a Subway sandwich. So you would order the catering; pay for it; and hope for the best. One box lunch from Rudy's will eat through your entire day of per diem. Yes, we all get fed, but not everyone gets it for free.

**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!!! That I did not know. No offense to the FLOPS fellas but I thought the RTA guys were treated very well and were happier at RTA. If you are at FLOPS I hope things are better and going well.

How About the Army?

They send you to harms way, and BTW take your meal and housing allowance since they provide that for you (MR's and a sleeping bag).

Yeah, but, thats the military. That doesnt really count. I hear what your saying though. We appreciate you fellas being there anyhow.

Thanks for the appreciation. Does not belong to me, I am enjoying my civilian life now.
A big "Whoa" to all those in uniform!

Latest resources

Back