• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened here?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva][FONT=ARIAL, Helvetica, Geneva]Attempting to takeoff as UA870 to SFO, something was seen to impact the cowling of #1 engine, as a precaution the take off was aborted and the very heavy 744 stopped near the end of Rwy16R with very hot brakes, the impact can be clearly seen near the 11 O'clock position of the #1 engine[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Try reading!?

I also must not be a super reader because I fail to see where it says exactly what the "something" that hit the engine was, either. And reading Superpilot's queston (using my non-super reading skills), that's what I think he's trying to determine. Was the "something" a bird? A piece of falling space junk? Maybe a trout that jumped out of the water? Or was it just a something and Superpilot and myself have never heard of a something?

Last edited:
Geeze Brett! You're looking at the details! This is flightinfo... common sense doesn't apply here. Instead we must move beyond basic comprehension and jump to conclusions. Obviously the correct answer to the question "What hit the engine" is "Something"!

:D

Upon further investigation it has been determined that the "something" the jet hit was in fact a bird. Whether the breed of bird hit was a Something bird is still not known, but likely because Something birds tend to be large enough to inflict that extentsive amount of damage.

Anyone know where you can take super reading classes?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back