Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does JO think of 50 seat RJs? Take a look at a quote....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You should have put the second line above before the first one, it would have been funnier. Swing and a miss.......It's all about timing son, ask your Mom...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude...not only are you a flying God, but now I am to believe you are a professional comedy writer?

You have got to be the lamest poster on this board.

Just like the pilot - (I am taking the Bill Parcells approach with TO that he called 'The Player' when he felt TO was not even worth talking about or mentioning by name when I refer to that one Delta pilot who has such low self esteem that he only feels good about himself when he can disparage and insult others) - to refer to all Regional pilots as little kids or children less worthy of respect than himself, because he flies a big plane to Europe. (Bow, Bow) His tactics are no different than if a regional pilot were to go to the majors board and post a link to Delta furloughing and put HA HA Grandpa's....back to the home! at the bottom. There is no defending his inappropriate actions.

Do you fly CRJs? Not for long pal. And these new rest rules will kill your side of the industry too. Have fun with that turd brain. Back to Empty Nipple and instructing in C172s for you.

Oh really! Then what am I to take from this post from above?? Yea, you are really rooting for that guy, huh? Gimme a break! Same stuff from you....When you said "not for long, pal" you really meant that he would soon have a job on a 767 soon, right? Or did you wish him "back to his empty Nipple and C172"???? I thought so.

Now that guy actually might go back to C172s, because he probably needs to work out some "issues." But, if you read into my statement, I didn't say pilots would go to the unemployment line, now did I? Your next step could be into the right seat of a DL 767 (some newhires did that last time). "Not for long" flying RJs would be a good thing if it meant moving on to a better job with better benefits and a "path" to financial freedom, right? You're welcome.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dude...not only are you a flying God, but now I am to believe you are a professional comedy writer?

You have got to be the lamest poster on this board.

Well, I do stand up comedy at the Laugh Barn in Marietta on Thursday nights. It allows me to vent my frustrations over the past proliferation of RJs in our industry. (thank gawd there is also a recent pulldown--my jokes haven't been as funny lately because of that) I usually fill the room with mainline employees looking for something to laugh about. Here is the latest joke---over 80% of people there laughed uncontrollably, resulting in accidental puking of drinks through the nose.

Knock Knock? Who's there? RJ. RJ who? Go Fu&# yourself!

I think I am ready for Leno or Fallon....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
It allows me to vent my frustrations over the past proliferation of RJs in our industry. (thank gawd there is also a recent pulldown--my jokes haven't been as funny lately because of that) I usually fill the room with mainline employees looking for something to laugh about. Here is the latest joke---over 80% of people there laughed uncontrollably, resulting in accidental puking of drinks through the nose.

Knock Knock? Who's there? RJ. RJ who? Go Fu&# yourself!

See what I mean!

You a sad, sad man! Your life revolves around poking RJ pilots with a stick and insulting them so you can feel good about yourself. If you ever want to get together and talk about it in person, let me know.

See what I mean!

You a sad, sad man! Your life revolves around poking RJ pilots with a stick and insulting them so you can feel good about yourself. If you ever want to get together and talk about it in person, let me know.

Get over yourself. I don't like RJs, not RJ pilots. I think you need a waaaaaaaaambulence.

Bye Bye--General Lee

N1 I don't want anybody to lose their job, it has happened to me, and its a tough deal with a family.

Just because we have all these other factors out there: poor management, the economy, bottom feeder regionals, politics, public wanting $100 tickets....and on and on. It does not equate into any Major pilots wishing ill will on regional pilots.

That said, it is going to be a tough road the next few years for everyone, especially the regionals. You're kidding yourself otherwise, there is really no debating it. We all knew that taking that regional job was a stepping stone and it was a sh*t job to begin with, crow all you want about how your company has it good, and it now is a 'career job' , you may have it good for a while, but eventually it will turn to sh*t.....thats how regionals work.

I've spent a lot of time at regionals, and there are a lot of quality pilots. But, there are huge numbers of idiots, low time guys at their first job! I have always been amazed at the safety record.

JO is an idiot. I would love to see him out of the business. But what he said is true.

Large RJs? Good question.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, I read all your posts and most of the time agree with you. However, I think the fatal flaw in this thinking is that 50 seaters are the enemy. To your company. To your promotion possibilities. To the American way of life, heck life on earth is in jeopardy because of the 50 seat jet I fly at Mesaba. I think the 50 seat issue is blinding mainline pilots to a much bigger problem.

On a different thread I asked Delta mainline pilots:
"How could Delta pilots allow Republic to operate EMB190's and A318/A320's in their system?" Aircraft that are clearly mainline but are operated and paid like CRJ's. I was mostly ignored. The answers I got were "they aren't operated for Delta". The really good one was "you must not have gone to college because you don't use comma's correctly" (I still don't).

Do not for a second think Richard Anderson isn't watching how Delta Mainline is reacting to a company operating mainline aircraft for sub mainline pay. Republic couldn't have bought Midwest or Frontier without Delta money. Every day I fly I see Frontier or Republic aircraft mixed with NWA and Delta aircraft at DTW and MSP. And don't think that Brian Bedford isn't talking to RA. They know each other at least from when RA was at NWA and Bedford was CEO of Mesaba.

I am amazed that mainline pilots aren't enraged that part of their bankruptcy concessions were used by a company that competes directly with them. At least the money spent at Mesaba, Comair, and Compass stays in the Delta pockets. We aren't going to buy EMB195's and start connecting hub cities.

Mesaba has been controlled completely by NWA a lot longer than just the time they bought us. NWA mainline kept us on a very tight leash. We had 36 AVRO's but NWA had ordered many more. Mainline pilots stopped the number at 36. Mainline kept us out of certain cities.

Wasn't Comair the first domestic operator of the 44/50 seat jet which it flew exclusively for Delta? Does that mean Delta mainline is responsible for the complete decline in the aviation profession? Of course it's ridiculous. But I am not the enemy either and I resent being painted that way.

So if you want to discuss reasonable ways raise everybody's career, I'd love to be apart of that thread. I have some ideas. But celebrating the elimination of my job isn't going to make me a one of your allies.

Last edited:
As for me I am all for eliminating my job, so long as every single Delta branded flying job is brought onto the Delta seniority list.

This needs to happen in an equitable manner which I won't even start to define here. After all, many of us are your union brothers, aren't we?

As long as the idiots at mainline allow one single non-mainline seniority listed pilot to fly mainline passengers, we will have the problem we have now. They want to keep the small aircraft off their property, but then are peeved when the scope keeps growing. All it takes is for management to dangle a little money (carrot) under their noses and suddenly the scope just got expanded.

I can just hear them in the mainline crewroom...

Whoops!!!

Gee freakin whiz!! Where did all those little jets come from?

Oh...that's right!! We let management have them in exchange for____________(insert whatever reason you want; furlough protection, money, days off, promised growth)

And now because we here at mainline are a bunch of shortsighted idiots, all those RJ pilots don't have jobs available at mainline.

Holy crap Batman!!! Those RJ pilots took our jobs.....????

And somehow this is my fault.....

Because I took this job??

Because I didn't quit my regional job, when it became obvious I would not get hired at mainline??

Because I didn't quit when we got rid of props? We shouldn't be flying jets down here ya know!!!

SUUUUCK it Leeeee!!! Pucker up and inhale...gulp gulp gulp...chug it down you oxygen waster!!!!

Last edited:
General, I read all your posts and most of the time agree with you. However, I think the fatal flaw in this thinking is that 50 seaters are the enemy. To your company. To your promotion possibilities. To the American way of life, heck life on earth is in jeopardy because of the 50 seat jet I fly at Mesaba. I think the 50 seat issue is blinding mainline pilots to a much bigger problem.

On a different thread I asked Delta mainline pilots:
"How could Delta pilots allow Republic to operate EMB190's and A318/A320's in their system?" Aircraft that are clearly mainline but are operated and paid like CRJ's. I was mostly ignored. The answers I got were "they aren't operated for Delta". The really good one was "you must not have gone to college because you don't use comma's correctly" (I still don't).

Do not for a second think Richard Anderson isn't watching how Delta Mainline is reacting to a company operating mainline aircraft for sub mainline pay. Republic couldn't have bought Midwest or Frontier without Delta money. Every day I fly I see Frontier or Republic aircraft mixed with NWA and Delta aircraft at DTW and MSP. And don't think that Brian Bedford isn't talking to RA. They know each other at least from when RA was at NWA and Bedford was CEO of Mesaba.

I am amazed that mainline pilots aren't enraged that part of their bankruptcy concessions were used by a company that competes directly with them. At least the money spent at Mesaba, Comair, and Compass stays in the Delta pockets. We aren't going to buy EMB195's and start connecting hub cities.

Mesaba has been controlled completely by NWA a lot longer than just the time they bought us. NWA mainline kept us on a very tight leash. We had 36 AVRO's but NWA had ordered many more. Mainline pilots stopped the number at 36. Mainline kept us out of certain cities.

Wasn't Comair the first domestic operator of the 44/50 seat jet which it flew exclusively for Delta? Does that mean Delta mainline is responsible for the complete decline in the aviation profession? Of course it's ridiculous. But I am not the enemy either and I resent being painted that way.

So if you want to discuss reasonable ways raise everybody's career, I'd love to be apart of that thread. I have some ideas. But celebrating the elimination of my job isn't going to make me a one of your allies.

We cannot control what Republic does, since it is under a seperate certificate. What they use on the "Republic" side is up to them (E190s, A318s). Delta works with them under the "Shuttle Craft " certificate. They cannot use the "Brickyard" callsign (Republic certificate again) for DL. We already signed an agreement well before any of the recent mergers took place, and only for lift under the Shuttlecraft certificate. They could buy another one (certificate) and use A380s--and there is nothing we can do. If one of those E190s or A318/19s is used under the Delta banner, then we have a case to stop them. I don't like seeing those larger planes used with lower payscales, but that is something those pilots need to look at with their union negotiators. Let's hope it is not the future of regionals---lower pay and larger planes. We are looking to tighten scope during our next negotiations for sure, and have just recently elected people in the ATL LEC to do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back