Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Arpt. Do the Naval Acad. Cadets Use?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dueguard1

ROTT MAN 4 LIFE!!!
Does anyone know where the Academy's cadets go to receive their PPL or train at in the Annapolis area????? I'm a CFI heading to that area..............Any Leads would be appreciated. Thanks Ah Bunch!

No IFT in the Navy

Unless something has changed recently, the Navy doesn't have a program such as the Air Forces IFT program. Not sure if that's what you were getting at or not, but I'm sure there are some boat school dudes who have flown in the area who can shed some light on the subject.

I met a gentlemen through an online course sometime back and he mentioned that he was a CFI for some of the Midshipmen in Annapolis.....Just wondering if someone had an idea of the school who was conducting this training?

Check Lee

I don't know if this is still correct, but as recently as two years ago the Navy flying club operated out of Lee Airport near Annapolis and mids flew there. They shared facilities with the Army's Fort Meade flying club until the Army moved it back to Tipton AAF a couple of years ago.

What's the name of the Airport in Baltimore/ School?

I think Patmack means KBWI. You know, BIG Baltimore airport. :eek: TC

Girlymen Airforce Cadets

Hugh Jorgan said:
Naval Academy: Midshipmen
Girly Academies: Cadets
Hmmm, let's see, Girlymen Air Force CADETS 25 wins in football vs the manlyman Naval MIDSHIPMEN 11 wins.

Maybe the MIDSHIPMEN were really just a bunch of seamen.

Hey, and I'm a ROTC grad! Cheers,

Patmack18 said:
It's called IFS (Introductory Flight Screening)... and it's only 25 hours. Not the full PPL like the AF.
Does USAFA give a PPL now? The program I know about sounds like the IFS described here. I don't recall a specific name or number of hours, but it wasn't much beyond solo. Has that changed?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back