Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JET1977

Hi

I may get an interview with a Part 91/135 Operator for the position of crew scheduler.

I am brushing up on my regs, but wondering if there is any training or online demo available to play around with in order to prepare myself for the interview.

This would be much appreciated to myself and to anyone else in the future that might be going for a crew scheduling job.

Just identify yourself as a quick learner and a person who steps up during task saturation. Scheduling/flight control is the busiest part of any operation and the burn out rates are very high. Individuals who can keep their cool, multi task, and are comfortable working solutions on their own excel in what can be a very high paced environment. I am not aware of any courses but I can tell you that scheduling is a crash course in airline 101. What you dont know you will learn very quickly all the while people trying to challenge your authority and knowledge. Its tough dealing with that 10% of a seniority list 90% of the time.

Dont focus too much on the regs.....they will teach you what you need to know and you will have on the job training that will ingrain the regs into your perpetual noodle. Just sell yourself as a capable person who enjoys a challenge and is thirsty to learn.

Good Luck mate....and please dont call my house, I wont answer.

Thank You OurMoney.. I needed to hear that as I was coming to the same conclusion. From my research so far, it seems Crew Scheduling can be one of those thankless jobs... but its all good.

Thanks

Been there, done that; at both a regional and a hUge mAjor.

There is not enough $ to ever make we want to do it again - I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a scalding hot poker than try to manage a crew desk...

Seriously - and like the above, THE most thankless job in aviation. However, a good scheduler is worth their weight in GOLD.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back