Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are Air Wisconsin's competitive #s?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We hire a great deal of pilots from other 121 carriers Lakes, Eagle and Mesa to name a few and just about all come in with types and Capt time from their respective carriers. The vast majority of those being interviewed and hired have friends that fly here and do letters of Rec. for them, the numbers that I was told are around 3000tt with 1500+ 121 exp. The hiring should resume sometime in March so you should start getting your resume to them ASAP.

Hope this is somewhat helpful

WD.

Can anyone tell what "rubbernekk" is saying?

In any of his posts???

Not only are the posts almost incomprehensible, but he also obviously has no clue what he's talking about in this case. I believe Whisky Driver would be a credible source of information on Air Wisconsin, since he is one of their pilots. The information he provided on their recent hires is most likely very accurate.

Last edited:
I admit I am having a bit of trouble understanding what you are saying or in this case typing. Allow me to educate you on Air Willie, we are a national air carrier we operate from both coasts in this country. It is not un common for you to wake up in LA and go to bed in Michigan, we also operate as far north as Canada and as far south as Miami , so before you start speaking about lateral moves you may want to do some investigating into the company I work for and what we pay in the right seat of our jets as compared to the left seat of some of the carriers I spoke of.

I hope that this does not come off as my being a jerk.

WD.

I don't know much about Air Whiskey but the guys I've talked to in the hotel vans seem content. It's hard to call a move from Lakes to Air Whiskey a lateral move. There seem to be a lot of pilots making a career at the latter. Bae-146's are pretty big compared to 1900's and RJ's and I hear the pay @ AW is pretty good. Doesn't seem like a bad place for a career if you like living in the midwest.

Keep in mind that the beauty in this industry is you can live any where you want. I am based in DEN but live on the west coast. I know at least 5 of our guys live within minutes from me and several more down in LA. With the opening of the ATL base in Nov we now have guys that live in southern FL. AWAC is not a bad place at all, that's why we have people on the property that have been here for well over 25yrs.

WD.

Just to add to "W.D."

This was on another post somewhere, but if I remember class correctly...

October 28, new hire class averages(18).

4000TT (2500-11,000)
1700 Turbine
2500 Multi
16 121 experience
2 135 experience
I think almost everybody had 121 PIC turbine time.

Hope this helps. Good Luck, it's been a great place so far.

This post is getting too serious with too much useful information being passed on...I wish rubbernekk would post again!

Wiskey Driver said:
Keep in mind that the beauty in this industry is you can live any where you want. I am based in DEN but live on the west coast.
WD.

Wiskey Driver,
Personally I've found that commuting ruins the quality of life advantage offered by a regional. My post was not intended to denigrate any of the cities where AWAC has domiciles. Some of us like living on the beach and some of us like the mountains. If I had to commute long term I'd find another job.

Latest resources

Back