What about ACA Dojet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
House_X said:
The contract will Delta is ironclad. The only way to get rid of us is to buy out the Dornier. It's in ink. We're here to stay...

Booooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

On a serious note, we have to get it together...we missed opportunities with Delta for expansion and now we're paying the price. If United wanted us, they would have approved our contract by now...

Our MEC has refered to the DAL side as a 'jobs program'. We're not making any money for ACA. Consider this possibility: things don't look so great for the UAL side (85% of our income), to preserve capital, ACA goes Ch 11. The 328 is an orphan in the industry, no support and motors that are being replaced WAY before TBO. If you think the MX cost is high now, just wait until the P&W warrantees start running out in 2005. It makes perfect sense for ACA, under Ch 11, to dump the ENTIRE 328 program, pilots and all.

Sorry, we may not be 'here to stay'.

We didn't 'miss opportunities' with DAL. We had solid contracts for CRJs with DAL. Our performance was so horrible that DAL dumped us. Now I know what mgt means by 'The ACA Way'...... FUBAR

Last edited:
From what I have been told, Delta can only get out of our contract for 3 reasons: bankruptcy, buy our Dorniers, or poor performance. I think the last one scared our company so much that we quit using 3 of our Dorniers (#451, #452, #500) as charter aircraft and are now using them as spares. I do not see us growing on the Delta side due to our previous poor performance - but then again, in this industry, who knows what is going to happen.

Dumping Delta would be a mistake...unless we're buying A318's and painting ACA on the side....

If we furlough out of order and violate the contract...it would destroy all the trust between management and the pilot group.

Of course, we seem to be well on the way to doing that...

House

Latest resources

Back