Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
So now that airwhisky is becoming the next aca what are the plans for the dojet out of bos and cvg? Since it's on the delta side is delta going to start looking for lower costs or is it pretty secure?

Diesel you're talking out your ass. Stick to the fractional business you know and quit trying to raise tempers here.

S.

beechnut very good i'm in the fractional buisness but I've got a "vested" interest in making sure ACA does well.

The mx guys in lga knew that base was going to close before it was announced.

So why don't you read my post again and then think about it. I'm trying to figure out all the possibilities here. The dojet fills a very good nitch out of BOS and CVG. Nobody has said boo about it and it employes a lot of pilots.

The DoJets out of BOS and CVG would remain as that is ACA's Delta flying. The point to remember is if we do secure a UAL contract, the pilot contract affects ALL of our pilots even the 328 guys.

That being said, ALPA has told us that Delta is not happy with our 328 service and would drop us the first chance they get.

Of course, if we do not secure a UA contract, I would imagine ACA could get out of the Delta flying if ACA wanted to close its doors..but now I'm talking out of my ass. So, just know the first 3 paragraphs are true.

I know the dispatch reliability isn't so great on the 328 but it does serve a nitch.

It does great for short haul routes and it's a jet so the pax like it. It's comfortable inside and once again it's a jet so the pax like it.

Delta is on the edge but they do serve well.

i thought that aca was told that they didn't get the flying they expected from ual?

Last edited:
I think Delta is unhappy b/c of reliability and ACA's poor performance.

If you heard ACA was told No-Deal...where did you hear that?

As far as I know, nothing has been announced one way or the other, but all signs point to something less than ideal with UAL.

sorry i used the wrong words. I ment to say very little of the flying that they expected to get. Just looking at the anouncements that air whisky is coming out with.

Hopefully we will know something soon.

Last edited:
Diesel said:
I know the dispatch reliability isn't so great on the 328 but it does serve a nitch.

Sure, the reliability of the 328 isn't that great, but we are CX flights due to a lack of FO's. You see, we furloughed enough guys to point where we can't staff our current fleet. The 'ACA Way' at it's finest.

The contract will Delta is ironclad. The only way to get rid of us is to buy out the Dornier. It's in ink. We're here to stay...

Booooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

On a serious note, we have to get it together...we missed opportunities with Delta for expansion and now we're paying the price. If United wanted us, they would have approved our contract by now...

For those who voted for a paycut...don't sell yourself short. There's a lot of crap going on and we have to stick together.
We have a great pilot group....that's what counts!!!

House

Unless Delta goes Chapter 11, in which case they've already stated that ACA would be the first contract they'd void due to dispatch reliability with the 328.

I personally hope that Tom and Kerry can pull it together. It may be a painful process with more furloughs, etc. but it would do my heart good to see ACA emerge from this clusterf#ck unscathed.

(Disclaimer: I've had a few Crown and Cokes tonight)

Latest resources

Back