Washout

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

><><><

Just curious what the typical washout rate is at the regionals (ie: ACA, ASA, Skywest, Comair).

Do the people who washout typically just not study or what?

I believe SkyWest has lost at least one pilot for every possible reason during newhire training including busted drug test, failure of basic indoc test (as rare as the drug bust), systems exam (2-3%), FTD, Sim, IOE. We even had one bust in static training. Overall, I'm guessing the pass rate in the last 3 years among newhires is 94-95%.

In my class at AirWis we had two wash out of a total of 26. One guy just did not study and showed up at the oral with no answers. The other just bit off more than he could chew. He trained in the 146 and had no previous turbine time. The biggest plane he had flown was a 402. He just failed the flight training because it was too hard. It is much like Skywest though. We have a variety of different reasons people fail. I would say it is rare to have even two in a class wash out. If you have a good work ethic and study you will do fine.

When I went thru a couple of yrs ago we lost one in class during systems and one during flight training. None were on the CRJ.

WD.

Latest resources

Back