voluntary leave

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

This may be a stupid question, but I don't know the answer so here goes. Is it possible to work for a commuter airline and take 1-2 months off during the year? Someone had mentioned this to me some time back. It would make a big difference in my decision process if I could schedule some time off from an airline job to make a little extra money. At least for the first few years. Has anyone had any experience with this at any airline or other flying job. Thanks

It all depends on why you need off. If it is for a illness in the family you are entitled to Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or if military like me you get Military Leave. PM me for more info.

TV
CRJ/FO
ACA

bugchaser said:
This may be a stupid question, but I don't know the answer so here goes. Is it possible to work for a commuter airline and take 1-2 months off during the year? Someone had mentioned this to me some time back. It would make a big difference in my decision process if I could schedule some time off from an airline job to make a little extra money. At least for the first few years. Has anyone had any experience with this at any airline or other flying job. Thanks

You shouldn't count on it. Some small airlines are seasonal and when overstaffed there are voluntary furloughs at others. Maybe you could fly your 1000 hours off in 10 months. Difficult to do though. If you have a business where you can make your own schedule you could work on days off from the airline.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back