• Friendliest aviation community on the web
Val

so what's the surf like over there?

I only have 1000 SIC in the bus.

Are there opportunities to upgrade within the 3 year contract, or at all

So how is the surf?

cheers!

Last edited:
No kidding :), "Charlie DON'T surf", so where are the good waves. other than the crappy waves in 'Apocalypse Now", there has to be some good surf there......I am sure the beaches have to beautiful.

Atmosphere here is best described as laid back and friendly, there are so many expats here that they couldn't really function without us, we are the necessary evil. Needless to say, they don't really operate to any western standards, it more closely resembles a dodgy 135 operation. There is no company pressure to operate in any unsafe manor but for instance, no one ever audits the paperwork that is turned in from each flight, it could be thrown in the trash and no one would ever miss it.

Used to more Aussies than anything, now it's hard to say, literally from all points on the globe, around 120 expats in all. A new order for 42 more aircraft was just placed, so if you are hired here you can stay as long as you want.

Thanks for the info. It lsounds like a nice place to work.

Last year they allowed 5 to upgrade, they had to pay the airline 24K for training and had to put up a bond for three years. May sound crazy but when you compare the FO pay for the next three years to CA pay, they do end up ahead. The problem we now have is a big shortage of FO's, this creates a problem for guys that want to pay for the upgrade.

I have read in our own flight magazines that we have code sharing with AA but I am still having to pay my own way home, they are trying to get approval to fly to the states but I don't really see how it could be approved anytime soon.

Where do most guys live out there, and how is the cost of living? I was looking at some rentals online and they seem just as expensive as some citys in the states.

Although they advertise upgrades available, unless you get it in writing it will not happen, they are very short of FO's and they can't afford to lose anyone now. Cost of living is climbing, a real decent place my be $1000 per month, electricity 100, ADSL 15, house keeper 100. One of the most expensive items is school for expat kids about 1000 per month. Food and entertainment is pretty cheap, CA's should be able to save at least 5K per month.

Latest resources

Back