Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VIDEO...Reporter blacks out on Blue Angels media ride!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The two guys that flew with them in Miami both went to sleep too. They were younger and in better shape. Kojak #7 likes to give them the full deal staight up to 7k.

Axel said:
The pilot abused him thoroughly. I thought he did pretty good for a non aviator. I agree with 2000 flyer, almost. I wouldn't give up a body part, but would be glad to give up my consciousness AND my lunch for a ride like that.

Ah, not that tough a ride actually. Pilot told him to prepare for each maneuver, and each G onset was smooth. Probably never went over 6 Gs, might have hit 7.

Porky looks like he had very poor g-straining technique -- he was out very quickly.

It's tough being the passenger, but this bubba wasn't near ready. He probably blacks out takin' a dump. Gotta give him credit for posting the video though.

Fugawe

So, Dobbins to Athens in a F18. What's that take, about a minute?

If I were the pilot (yeah, I'd probably give the left one) I'd probably be pulling Gs with this guy just for my own amusement.

Let's see, the Blues work out for a couple of hours every day so they can do this stuff without the G suits that the Thunderbirds use and some poor slob who is getting a ride and is trying to take everything in and has never done anything like this is supposed to get a hours briefing on G tech and no problem..... give them a break.

[quote=Publishers]Let's see, the Blues work out for a couple of hours every day so they can do this stuff without the G suits that the Thunderbirds use and some poor slob who is getting a ride and is trying to take everything in and has never done anything like this is supposed to get a hours briefing on G tech and no problem..... give them a break.[/quote]

Ha, if you think the Blues practice just so they can be g-tolerant w/o g-suits you insult them. They don't even think about the g's -- it's just part of fighter flying, and some aerobatics.

The diamond guys don't pull that many g's anyway for the most part. Watch the show. Most formation maneuvers are probably 5 gs max. The solos do g it up for and work at it I'm sure.

This reporter probably had a g-suit on, not sure though. Most VIP flights you see the VIP in full gear. Despite the aggressive maneuvers the jet went through, they weren't that punishing. Predictable, smooth, and only a few seconds each. Reporter appears out of shape, little muscle tone, and didn't appear to use any g-straining technique (at least not for more than a couple of seconds).

Relax. It's funny. Guy appears to have enjoyed it and taken it well. But cut him a break? -- now come on. He knew he was gonna get ripped for posting it. He probably has a great sense of humor. I guarantee you his buddies are hammering him for GLOCing. He probably laughs his anus off watching it.

BTW, what's with the Blues/Thunderbirds comment?

Fugawe

Fugawe said:
[quote=Publishers]

BTW, what's with the Blues/Thunderbirds comment?

Just facts ;)

Damn that thing accelerates f'n quick!

Where do I sign up for my f-18 ride?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back