Van Nuys and Burbank Operators

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aviator82

I was seeing if anyone could please help me out with what operators are out of VNY and BUR? (91 mainly, I have researched most of the 135). How difficult is it to get into corporate in this area? Thank you very much in advance!!!

Good luck pal... As a 121 guy, you'll have a rather difficult time getting in. Nobody wants to spend money on sending a former 121 guy to school.

Without a solid LOR from the inside it's a complete waste of time. You're either "in" or you're not and as a 121 type you're "out".

not true...you never know, I did it on the east coast. Never hurts to try. Just dont come off as you are giving it a try. Do your research and know what its about. Go find out who is there and ask the FBO to kindly get this little piesce of paper to____.

Good luck pal... As a 121 guy, you'll have a rather difficult time getting in. Nobody wants to spend money on sending a former 121 guy to school.

Freight Dog in a way, you're right. It's all about how you sell yourself. If you smell like 121, you're done.

If you smell like a fresh, interested, smart guy with a lot of energy, drive and desire, you'll have a big, better chance. In the interview setting as soon as a guy asks about time off, commute, work rules or stuff that sounds like "how can I make this job work for me?", their finished.

The corporate, charter, business world is way different than the 121 world. In this world you need to be asking "How can I help you, how can I do the job better" and not "how can this job you have help me" ... in a nut shell.

Don't sell yourself shore, mate. Sell yourself!

TransMach

Avjet in BUR was hiring a couple months ago into the CL-604....good job if your single and don't mind being out of the states for a time.

Don't worry about being 121 operator like these guys think, your CRM skills are just better.

Last edited:

yeah, because we all know how hard it is to pass the training at Flightsafety!!

Latest resources

Back