Valiant Air Command Death today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

A man was killed and a teenager critically injured Saturday when the fuselage of an airplane they were working on crushed them outside the Warbird Museum in Titusville, according to police.

4463522.jpg

Michael B. McDonough, 76, of Titusville was killed in the incident, said Titusville police spokesman Warren Van Vuren.

The second person, a 15-year-old whose name has not been released, was flown to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne in critical condition, Van Vuren told Local 6 News partner Florida Today.

The two were working on the uncompleted aircraft outside the Valiant Air Command's museum at Space Coast Regional Airport, according to Florida Today

"It was a new project and the wings had not yet been attached," Van Vuren said. "The gear or the struts holding up the fuselage became unstable and crushed the two."

Very sad news indeed for many of us in this area. He was loved by many and spent many years of joy working on these wonderful old war birds...

By the way

The airport for thise that dont know, is Space Coast Regional, or KTIX right across the river from the Kennedy Space Center.

That is tragic...what type of aircraft was it?

Very sad indeed. I spend many a day in TIX doing corp shuttles for our company. I believe if it was the C47, it was crashed about two years ago. The pilot bounced it down the runway and collapsed the gear. If I learn more on friday, I will post.

They were working on the DC-3 still the last time I was there...I would like to know what plane it was if anyone can tell me!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back