• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

VA to start Hawaii...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who isn't flying to Hawaii in 2015? Seems like a shorter list.

Dont recall seeing any A320s in HNL. They are etops ready?

Yes, but not 180 minute ETOPS yet. I don't think Airbus wants to help the 320 get to 180 minutes either. They would rather up sell to the 330.

No reason to absorb the certification costs alone, just get a plane that can do it already.

I wonder if there will be non-rev limitations on this route. Otherwise, we will be jam packed 146 every flight, with maybe 60-70% revenue passengers. Too much has to happen for this to work out, the biggest being the IPO. The IPO needs to happen to finance the 2015/16 Airbus deliveries better. Apparently as a public company, we can finance planes better as opposed to a private company.

Flyer, that shouldn't impact the non-revs, should it? The paying guest always go first and non-revs get whats left over. I don't non-rev. I only jumpseat as a commuter. so I may be missing something.

I think flyer's concern is that if we have that many non revs every flight, it will be more expensive w/ all that extra weight.

I think flyer's concern is that if we have that many non revs every flight, it will be more expensive w/ all that extra weight.

Exactly. Low yield. We may have only 95 revenue passengers but we will most likely push back with a full 146 with the rest being nonrevs.

The sharklets add another 2000 lbs to the takeoff weight capability and decrease the burn on the current 320's and the NEO is supposed to run on a unicorn hair/ jet A blend to further decrease fuel consumption.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back