USaiways and AA and David Bonderman???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NAA Pilot

Can any LCC or AA guys confirm whether or not Arpey, Parker, and all their flunkies are at Bondermans hideaway in CO??

Word is spreading about a hostile takeover.

It would explain a lot of actions by both companies.

Can any LCC or AA guys confirm whether or not Arpey, Parker, and all their flunkies are at Bondermans hideaway in CO??

Word is spreading about a hostile takeover.

It would explain a lot of actions by both companies.

Don't know specifically, but it COULD just be the annual get-together of Los Conquistadores del Cielo, which happens every September at a ranch outside Jackson, WY. It's like 100 guys in this semi-secret pro-airline trade group (the "conquerors of the sky") that started in the early days of civil aviation. Herb's a member (dunno about Gary) as are other airline CEOS and other high-placed aviation muckedy-mucks. Every September they get together to drink and "bond" at this ranch (well, mostly drink), but they're not supposed to discuss actual business.

I don't know if this is the meeting you've been wondering about, but the timing is right. A hostile takeover seems a little far-fetched, but who knows?

Bubba

Last edited:
Don't know specifically, but it COULD just be the annual get-together of Los Conquistadores del Cielo, which happens every September at a ranch outside Jackson, WY. It's like 100 guys in this semi-secret pro-airline trade group (the "conquerors of the sky") that started in the early days of civil aviation. Herb's a member (dunno about Gary) as are other airline CEOS and other high-placed aviation muckedy-mucks. Every September they get together to drink and "bond" at this ranch (well, mostly drink), but they're not supposed to discuss actual business.

I don't know if this is the meeting you've been wondering about, but the timing is right. A hostile takeover seems a little far-fetched, but who knows?

Bubba

That is what I would guess also, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear some bad news soon (ie merger or reductions or PHL crewbase downsizing or closing) as I just bought a house an hour north of PHL. Settlement is at the end of OCT so look for an announcement the first week of NOV.

Bubba

Yeah. I bet they "bond". So closely that you wouldn't be able to slip a piece of paper between them.

Except for Herb of course. He just watches, smokes, drinks and thinks 'oh Gawd, that aint cool'.

That is what I would guess also, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear some bad news soon (ie merger or reductions or PHL crewbase downsizing or closing) as I just bought a house an hour north of PHL. Settlement is at the end of OCT so look for an announcement the first week of NOV.

You have the same kinda luck that I have...bad. Goodluck on the new house and hope you got a killer interest rate.

Bubba

Omg, do they swim across the lake to the girls camp and steal their panties? Maybe sit around the camp fire making s'mores and telling scary stories about losing their golden parachutes?

Amr stock down almost 6%, market cap under 1 billion. They could be in play. How many early outs today?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back