• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usairways hiring 44.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are young enough and can take the lower pay for a while, this might be the best career move you ever make in my opinion. Airways has a relatively old pilot group and if you are in your 20s or early 30s, who knows; 10 years from now you might be laughing all the way to the bank, while being a Captain on a international wide-body or senior Captain on domestic flying with 25-30 years left of flying as a Captain.

Try to look down the road and make the decision YOU feel you can afford with the information you have available to you.

I'm sure many folks got this email today. So confusing . It says application and qualifications ate under the review, and check the status. Well under the status says" Not Selected" as it has been and a lot of people have the same thing. It used to say under consideration until they flushed everything and rumor had it that a NEW APP would open up . So what is what . Is there a position available or not? If the recent email says under consideration , then why on the RETURNING CANDIDATES page still says not selected? How do we go about making sure things are not screwed up so we won't be overlooked ?

This whole thing has become so CONFUSING.
If anyone has good info or directions please post it.

Enjoy LOA 93 till your coworkers decided to man up and move on, you will have to pick a side, no bystanders allowed!!!!!

Maybe if they work on West equipment, but not if they are on the East (which is where the new hires are going). We are happy to have energetic new hires and we wouldn't burden them with being troubled about things that don't concern them. Heck, we don't even talk about it ourselves very often.

New hires will soon be going to Group II. The job isn't what it was 20 years ago but it beat the heck out of what guys are leaving to come here.

Last edited:
Turtle 21, tell all your new buddies/coworkers to put their head in the sand also!!! East pilots say lowest pay till the last day, no nic ever..... Time to man up and move on, LOA 93 reserve rules are a party I hear. If you step on board the RMS Titanic, you better know at trip to Davey Jones' Locker is a strong possibility due to your coworkers death wishes.

We are happy to have energetic new hires and we wouldn't burden them with being troubled about things that don't concern them.

Like a decent contract? Pay, medical, retirement and work/reserve rules all concern new hires. After they are hired do you think they will be willing to pay dues and assessments indefinitely while still supporrting your futile chase of DOH while sacrificing they personal well being?

They are new hires, not sheep.

Lamp

If you are young enough and can take the lower pay for a while, this might be the best career move you ever make in my opinion. Airways has a relatively old pilot group and if you are in your 20s or early 30s, who knows; 10 years from now you might be laughing all the way to the bank, while being a Captain on a international wide-body or senior Captain on domestic flying with 25-30 years left of flying as a Captain.

Try to look down the road and make the decision YOU feel you can afford with the information you have available to you.

Ya, thought the same thing at CAL. It's been a constant arse raping to the point that I don't even offer lube. Figure it'll clear without touching the sides.

Turtle 21, tell all your new buddies/coworkers to put their head in the sand also!!! East pilots say lowest pay till the last day, no nic ever..... Time to man up and move on, LOA 93 reserve rules are a party I hear. If you step on board the RMS Titanic, you better know at trip to Davey Jones' Locker is a strong possibility due to your coworkers death wishes.

Hey Carl, this is about Airways hiring, not loa 93 east/west you already got a 100 thread where you can throw mud at each other...neither the east or the west is getting anywhere...so wait for the court to rule...or wait till the 3rd list+west=majority, until then arguing on the internet is just a waste of time...so chill.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back