Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Pilots indicted for accident in Brazil!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The United Auto Workers better step up to the plate too. Since these two guys AREN'T AIRLINE PILOTS ALPA doesn't have a dog in this fight. So the UAW, or the NEA are just as relevant. I find it hysterical that you could even consider blaming ALPA for inaction in this case.

You say ALPA doesn't have a dog in the fight because two guys weren't airline pilots (despite the fact they are ALPA members on furlough status)...but ALPA should have a dog in the fight because ALPA-represented pilots fly to Brazil on a regular basis! What if this had been a 737 or 757 instead of a Part 91 Legacy and Brazilian authorities were trying to shanghai the flight crew?

The slippery slope ain't real steep here. This issue is of importance to us all. AOPA and NBAA can and should join in voicing concerns about this, but to claim ALPA shouldn't be a party because this wasn't a 121 operation is naive to the larger implications this precedent might bring.

Sorry for being 'another "voice of experience" piping in from the peanut gallery...':rolleyes:

Actually one guy is furloughed from AA. He is an APA member. The other guy, I think it was the Captain, was ex-trans states. I don't know if he was furloughed or what.

ALPA and APA should make a very public display and threaten refusing South America flying until ALL our pilots are protected from such instances. After all, this issue does affect ALL ACTIVE ALPA and APA pilots.

These are the type of issues that ALPA can use to try to help unify this totally fractured profession.

Any organization that represents US pilots that fly to/from and over Brazil has a interest in the outcome of this case and that includes the US Government. I doubt Brazil really expects the pilots to return for trial. "We'll let you return home on the condition you return if charges are filed" Wink.

Latest resources

Back