US Marshall Service?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

swamprat

Anyone have information about flying for the Marshal service. Do they have they own fleet or contract thorough operators?

Last time I heard they leased planes but owned the pilots, it was call the JPATS, Justice Prisoner Air Transportation System (or similar) and was full of old 61 year old airline types with 1000's of hours Airline time

Pay is GS-12 or 13 which is 80-90K a year easy, esp if you work some nights, holidays, Sundays.

Some of it is contracted as well. Pan Am (Boston Mainline...if their still around?), Ryan Intl., as well as other smaller companies (funjet vacations, vacation express...etc).

As for the JPATS fleet, it is all 737/4 now unless it is chartered.

Always funny to see a plane full of prisoners with "funjet vacations" on the side.

Call sign "Jusice"

There is a 737 based in KOKC. Thats all i got!

Had a buddy apply a few years back, the jobs go to guys currently working for the govt. Its a points based system and if you are military or currently working for the govt you get more points for spelling your name correctly on the app than a civilian could ever get if they aced all the tests and interview.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Call sign "Jusice"

There is a 737 based in KOKC. Thats all i got!

Had a buddy apply a few years back, the jobs go to guys currently working for the govt. Its a points based system and if you are military or currently working for the govt you get more points for spelling your name correctly on the app than a civilian could ever get if they aced all the tests and interview.

Good Luck

also a base in Mesa, Arizona and Alexandria, LA

Used to have an MD-80 (ex US Air I believe) at Mesa, don't know now. I think mostly 737-4,5,etc series.

Plan on flying into Guatemala and Tegucigalpa alot !

Latest resources

Back