US Customs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frank:

What is not addressed in post #9 that you need specific info about? I would be happy to give you the info you need but I thought I about covered it all.

The big thing is that QOL, mission and daily routine vary greatly depending on where you are based.

What is the current leadership like at El Paso, Tucson and El Centro? How about the QOL at these locations? Thanks.

Well, in Tucson you are looking at 24/7 coverage. Days, nights and swings 5days a week minimum of 8 hours a day rotating into and out of weekends or at least one weekend day off. The QOL is nice... if you like the desert. Homes in the suburbs are affordable for a GS11, Tucson proper is expensive. The mission pace is high and you stay busy, more so during periods of high illegal immigration.

Once trained up you can probably count on flying as much as you wish to insert yourself into the schedule especially if you are an A-Star driver. You can almost always fly more than assigned if you want to.

As far as leadership goes it is unlikely they are going to invite you over for beer and brats on the weekend. They are fair and by the book. People grouse about the leadership just like they do at any job. Mandatory retirement is 57 so if you don't like them they certainly won't be around forever.

Re the other branches you mentioned I don't have any first hand info.

Thanks Trnsprt for the reply. I was recently assigned EL Paso and just wanted to get a little insight about the location and the areas around it. So far everyone I spoke with said it's a great place to live and work. Thanks for reconfirming that.

Latest resources

Back