Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kingairrick

Rare user
I know that there have been many previous posts on this, but I am looking for a succint answer to the following question:

If the WO express carriers get Jets, does that mean an employee at, say, PSA will flow up eventually to mainline?

Assuming mainline exists of course.

Please no flames or condesention, I don't understand exactly how J4J works.
Thanks.

Yes, with the signing of the last TA it stated that the WO's would have a 100% flow thru. But I believe it is a flow up to Mid Atlantic then over to mainline. So great, we get to flow from one regional to another region 'Mid Atlantic (that will work under American Eagle work rules and pay: which is terrible), then finally flow to another bigger regional airline "US Airways".
Everything at the WO's is so screwed up right now. I don't know about the other two, but at Piedmont we are losing Captain like crazy to AirTran and ATA.
Right now it sucks, but who knows this all could end up being a great situation for a lot of younger WO pilots.

hey, we got this deal for you, Jack4Jobs

wsurf,
wish that was the case here at alg
no ones goin anywhere much except a few lucky guys that have gotten out to greener pastures (ata, execjet, etc) but not many
we're short fo's and they won't hire
base changes
Nothing good happening at alg thats for sure, glad to hear that some of my friends at pdt might not be so bad off as us.
but then again alg has always been the bastard red-headed step child of all the wo's

Dash8, it's funny that you are complaining about ALG being short fo's. I am a potential ALG fo just swimming here in the pool and patiently waiting for a call or letter. I don't understand why ALG won't put a class together, everyone else seems to be putting new hires on, what can it hurt? I know that I could apply elsewhere, but I live in a very convient location for ALG and since I went throught the interview and was hired I'll think I'll hold out. Anyways, let me know if you hear anything. BTW does PDT still have anyoneout on furlough since they're lsing so many captains? How about PSA?

what i know

recalls have been issued. We had 31 furloughies on the street. They were going to recall 12. Based on a statement by our com chair guy I guess they had to call everyone on the list and still couldn't get 12. Does this mean we will have a new hire class? Unfortunatly mang says no, not a need yet. I think any new hirning will have to wait for the fleet anouncement later this or early next month (2 to six weeks, From Ashby). talks with RJ dealers continue. latest update of any significance said only that all 3 of th wo's will have their place in the future of U. No firm numbers yet. They did say somthing about one of them being placed as the turboprop operator for long term market adjustments. Who knows what that is supposed to mean.

vagaries

well desi, like i said before....
our mgm't won't hire anyone cause they might have to furlough them again when either 1. planes get parked 2. the mainline golden children come on board with any jets we might get (don't ask, i have no idea if we are getting any, or when)

plus the illustrious houk thinks we're all spoiled children and being short pilots sticks it to us nicely with lots of extensions, jr manning, etc.

Here's another scenerio for you ALG guys. How many ABE people do you think will either retire or find jobs elsewhere rather than move to a new base? Just a thought. :D

Desiday said:
How many ABE people do you think will either retire or find jobs elsewhere rather than move to a new base?

Well the bid award just came out, the answer is....zero.

Latest resources

Back