US airways & 1900s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm tellin' ya

I wish nothing than EMPLOYMENT for all my flying brothers, and like it or not that is what we are. We all get screwed to an extent to stay in this business, but we do it because we love it.

None the less, US Airways Express will be cutting the services of ALL contract carriers in the next 2 years. That is a fact. Anyone who can read and follows airways news read it from Siegal himself about a week ago.

It boils down to this.

I have a heart for all the pilots out there, but I hate companies like MESA.

It goes Managment:which only give a crap about BUSINESS.

then MEC which usually sucks and they vote on crap without a full vote.

then the poor pilots.....Don't make the mistake of blaming individual pilots.

None the less, US Airways Express will be cutting the services of ALL contract carriers in the next 2 years. That is a fact. Anyone who can read and follows airways news read it from Siegal himself about a week ago.

I think you need to read that news release once more. Siegal DID NOT say that the contract carriers were going anywhere. What he DID say was that he would like the total number of express carriers down to 3 or 4 in the next 5 years.

From what I'm hearing, at least one of the WO carriers are going to be sold off, the others (to include Midway) combined into one company, MidAtlantic, and then a few contract carriers.. But what do I know.. I just work for a contract carrier based in the DC area who is having daily meeting with the people in Arlington about a long term agreement.

Chper: Segal's comments where not directed toward the wholly owned. All three will remain in place. He directed that comment to the affiliate's regarding 2 or 3. Mesa will be around for quite sometime however.

That may be... but the news release I read said "We don't need 10 express carriers." It did not say 10 contract carriers..

On another note:

Anyone hear anything about Shuttle America going bye bye or downsizing? One of our higher-ups said we might be getting some of their Saabs..

Seogal's message was later defined by Bruce Ashby, President of Express via email to the three MEC's of the wholly owned. I think PDT even put in on their hotline.

Sorry I cant release the email.

Thanks

Stop Wexford

We have 7 B models now... I mean 6 and another missing its left wing.

I wouldn't have thought that the rumor would be true, but all the PFTers so far are heading to the Saab. We are not understaffed on that aircraft, so the only answer is more aircraft.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back