• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airlines Are The Most Pathetic Antediluvian Pieces Of Junk Ever'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congratulations! Although I suspect that had a lot to do with the fact that USAir pays 2/3 of their pilot group what amounts to minimum wage, and the other 1/3 not a whole lot more than that. Wages and benefits amount to the second biggest cost, after fuel, and Southwest has some of the highest wages and benefits.

Doug Parker must be laughing all the way to the bank. He's probably wondering how much longer he can get away with this...

Bubba

Hey Einstein,

Guess which contract US Air management stuck infront of us 10 years ago and told us we had to be cheaper than?

Hint: It wasn't DAL's, AMR's, UAL's or NW's.

Just wait, your time in the barrel is coming.

Hey Einstein,

Guess which contract US Air management stuck infront of us 10 years ago and told us we had to be cheaper than?

Hint: It wasn't DAL's, AMR's, UAL's or NW's.

Just wait, your time in the barrel is coming.

Hey Potsie,

What has this got to do with my post relating current costs? Paranoid much? I'm sorry you had to deal with USAir management, who for years was the worst-run airline management in the history of..., well... history. Ten years ago I made about $80k as a 3rd year FO at SWA, with many more raises listed in our contract. If what you say is true, then your management obviously cherry-picked some low-ball numbers from us (or used employee cost per ASM instead of direct employee pay), and you fell for it and took several rounds of concessions as a result, to get out of your two BKs. So tell me--how does that relate to our current situation of current cost vs. profit balances? That was the discussion.

And obviously you must like your BK wages, because you've clung to them so tenaciously for year after year after year, with no end in sight. It also seems just as obvious that Doug Parker is in no great hurry either to change the situation. Why should he?

By the way, thanks for your kind wishes!

Bubba

Last edited:
an·te·di·lu·vi·an   [an-tee-di-loo-vee-uhn] Show IPA
adjective
1. of or belonging to the period before the Flood. Gen. 7, 8.
2. very old, old-fashioned, or out of date; antiquated; primitive: antediluvian ideas.

oc·to·ge·nar·i·an   [ok-tuh-juh-nair-ee-uhn] Show IPA
adjective Also, oc·tog·e·nar·y  [ok-toj-uh-ner-ee] Show IPA.
1. of the age of 80 years.
2. between 80 and 90 years old.

Thanks, I did not learn those words at FlightSafety!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back