Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pull To Guns

Aircraft Dispatcher

Basic knowledge of all applicable FAA regulations which apply to an airline operation. Two years previous aircraft dispatcher experience or five years general aviation experience. Professional education can be substituted for experience. The ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance and a current state drivers license.

Desired Qualifications:
Associate Degree or higher in Aviation Management, FAA licensed Aircraft Dispatcher or Pilot license. Have a current TS/SSBI clearance

Job Description:
Provide assistance to flight crews with all preflight planning duties necessary to ensure safe operation, including flight release, weather briefings, NOTAM's, and the filing of the Flight Plan information. Monitor flight staging and flight schedule progress, coordinate ground support for aircraft arrivals and departures. Perform the Flight Following function in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations, company operations manuals and operations specifications. Make periodic checks of, and record, weather and NOTAM's applicable to the flight(s) being followed. Issue flight information advisory to the pilot when conditions that will affect the safe completion of the flight become known. Notify the Program Manager in the event of any flight delay, diversion, cancellation, hazardous conditions, accident or occurrences which may arise. Accept cargo for shipment, able to handle cargo to include loading. Knowledgeable of passenger boarding procedures. Coordinate with the customer on any special schedule requirements. Perform Flight Attendant duties when required. Perform light custodial/maintenance duties.

I see this one pop up from time to time. I think this is the contractor that flies employees to Groom Lake/Area 51 from LAS in unmarked 737's with the call sign "Janet".

Bring your own mop and bucket. Must not be allergic to blue juice or bodily fluids.

"Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be 'spatchers".

If you want to watch them on Flight Explorer, their identifier is WWW. You can see them depart LAS then disappear a few minutes later...

This has got to be a hard job to fill. How many dispatchers have a current TS SSBI clearance, or even ever had one? I had the clearance when I was in the military, but at that time I had no idea what a dispatcher was.

I see a couple of other jobs from time to time that require a current Secret Clearance, which pretty much means they need an ex military guy who has some experience in flight operations and can get a dx license.

That's true. Just about anybody can get an Interim Secret Clearance while the Background Investigation is being done. However the one airline I have seen requiring a Secret clearance would not sponsor- you had to have an active clearance. Apparently it was different in your case.

But a TS/SSBI is another kettle of fish entirely, you could probably get sponsored for it if the job required, but it is a much more in depth investigation. Most people who need one are in intelligence/Crypto, but there are other areas, including weapons sytems. I had to get one as I was in the Navy working with nuclear weapons at the time. A long time ago, now.

That's true. Just about anybody can get an Interim Secret Clearance while the Background Investigation is being done. However the one airline I have seen requiring a Secret clearance would not sponsor- you had to have an active clearance. Apparently it was different in your case.

But a TS/SSBI is another kettle of fish entirely, you could probably get sponsored for it if the job required, but it is a much more in depth investigation. Most people who need one are in intelligence/Crypto, but there are other areas, including weapons sytems. I had to get one as I was in the Navy working with nuclear weapons at the time. A long time ago, now.

As well, I had to get a TS/BI years ago when I was in the Navy. It is an intense process with your own investigator following you around without your knowledge and an interview at the end. It takes some time.

The job requirements hint at the candidate already having the clearance which would eliminate 98% of prospects if not more.

Me too.. I had a secret for the DOD on the spacde shuttle program, but it is administratively down graded.. My wife just had her back ground done again for here TS, and it took 9 months and cost the company over $10K and she was already holding the clearance!..

I have applied to this job many times over the past 6 years and have never even received a "thanks for applying" from them... weird.. Since its based in LAS, I must assume it is for the callsign "Janet" acft flying into and out of area 51.. I see them every time I go into Vegas, they are quite active...

Are these the black painted aircraft in and out of LAS area?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back