• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UPS Bailout?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They left out the parts about how all your daughters would be born ugly and barren and your sons fat and queer. Schools and hospitals will close. Your dog will die. FedEx will cancell their 777 order, forcing mass layoffs at Boeing, which in turn will be sold, along with the entire state of Washington and parts of Oregon, to India, which will re-name it "Bhārat Gaṇarājya Paścima."

None of this will matter though, because a yet-to-be-discovered asteroid will wipe out all life on earth. NASA will be helpless to intervene, because they can't overnight critical parts necessary to build a giant atom-bomb rocket that could destroy it, and...and...

Oh C'mon, people! I used to have a lot of admiration for FedEx, because 1) Fred Smith essentially created a business where none had existed previously, 2) he rewarded personal initiative, and 3) because he paid his pilots well. But I rarely use FedEx anymore, in part because the more I see of this stuff, the more he comes off like a whining, petulant child, asking our lawmakers to support him in his tantrum. He's not the only one, either.

The absolute, positive, worst-case example for FedEx is that his company will unionize, forcing him to pay industry-standard wages not only to pilots, but across-the-board as well. Either FedEx will be able to compete, or it won't. If it is, it won't matter. If it isn't, it will go bankrupt, a dozen other companies will spring up in it's absence to do the job FedEx once did, and the process will start all over.

There was life after dinosaurs, and life after the ice-age. There will be life after FedEx as well.

They left out the parts about how all your daughters would be born ugly and barren and your sons fat and queer. Schools and hospitals will close. Your dog will die. FedEx will cancell their 777 order, forcing mass layoffs at Boeing, which in turn will be sold, along with the entire state of Washington and parts of Oregon, to India, which will re-name it "Bhārat Gaṇarājya Paścima."

None of this will matter though, because a yet-to-be-discovered asteroid will wipe out all life on earth. NASA will be helpless to intervene, because they can't overnight critical parts necessary to build a giant atom-bomb rocket that could destroy it, and...and...

Oh C'mon, people! I used to have a lot of admiration for FedEx, because 1) Fred Smith essentially created a business where none had existed previously, 2) he rewarded personal initiative, and 3) because he paid his pilots well. But I rarely use FedEx anymore, in part because the more I see of this stuff, the more he comes off like a whining, petulant child, asking our lawmakers to support him in his tantrum. He's not the only one, either.

The absolute, positive, worst-case example for FedEx is that his company will unionize, forcing him to pay industry-standard wages not only to pilots, but across-the-board as well. Either FedEx will be able to compete, or it won't. If it is, it won't matter. If it isn't, it will go bankrupt, a dozen other companies will spring up in it's absence to do the job FedEx once did, and the process will start all over.

There was life after dinosaurs, and life after the ice-age. There will be life after FedEx as well.

:puke:

Latest resources

Back