Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How would I apply to Island Air?

I looked at their website and openings for pilots was not listed in the employment link.

Cheers!

GP

BRA

That depends... They will upgrade with a decent amount of TT and low time in type, or low TT, but high in type. Someone in the latest upgrade class has good TT, but only 3 or 400 in type.. Upgrade will come fast, especially "IF" those new SAABs get here.

Climbhappy

It was my understanding that 4 or 5 of the 9 street captains washed out in the last class. I think that's the big reason they are shying away from more street captains. The fact it, we have an awfull lot of young FOs here. Many were hired with 3-500 TT and after a year+ don't meen the mins. As much as it sucks to see street captains hired, there really isn't much of a choice for the company right now.

I hope they start upgrading rapidly. As soon as we get fat on Beech captains, I'm heading to the Saab!

Hello?? Gulfstream????!!

Hey BRA,

"due to all the low time gulfstream people they have hired"...

what low time gulfstream people??????? is there a flow-through like Pinnacle, or did a bunch of GSA people just end up there by chance???

thanks in advance

I guess they just like them, but there is no flow through thing. May be they like that they have already flown the plane. colgan seems to be very particular about keeping costs down....so avoiding washouts in training must be a good way to do that. And since gulfstream people are already flying the 1900 i guess they like them. Also....back before the 11th....i'm sure colgan was everyone's last choice...so they took the lowest time people cause they didn't have the choice of the people with 1000/100. May be I don't know. But i would imagine with a lot of gulfstream people here....they keep walking in there friends resumes....and recomendations get the look first. Or gulfstream gives colgan kickbacks who knows. We probably also have people that may have the time....but are not 23 yet.

At Skyway, I mean Midwest Connect now...
It was 2 years, now there little movement on the senoirity list sooooo...... it will change to alot less when the ERJ's start coming (hopefully) in 2004..

Yeah, Comair is 3 years for the 50 seat jet, and about 2 1/2 years for the 70. Upgrade is due to growth. Good luck.

chperplt.....re street cpts

yeah, one of them was my sim partner....between the guy who left in indoc..to go to ACA..or i mean was told he had a FEb class date before they started cancelling all the nov classes.....left..then my sim partner left after sim two...before emergency procedures...actually he was of middle eastern decent...certainly didn't have the kind of crew techniques I would have expected from a guy with supposed 121 time....

so i ended up with a private bout the whole time...anyway...the two other guys...one had no prior 121 left seat time.... and the other made it through, but had some paperwork issues....

the bottom line is they shouldn't hire guys with no prior 121 left seat time and no type....big risk taking.....my class was the oct 14.
class...is that the one you were referriing to?

they had a thing for former usair mainline guys... also, they have made alot of promises to guys with time qual to upgrade...were told this at hiring...they need to keep those promises....

Latest resources

Back