• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Upgrade

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Colgan Air......500 in type, and experience (meaning you've seen all the seasons) However i think they like to see at least 2000TT. They say average upgrade time is a year and a half, due to all the low time gulfstream people they have hired. I think captains you've flown with should also be cool with you upgrading (upgrading of fools is discouraged)

Discouraged, but not out of the question! :)

I laughed my arse off when i read that just now! What do you think my odds are of upgrading in 2003? I'll have about 165 in type by jan 03. With the saab rumor and all. My #is in the 150's.

upgrade

I spoke to the chief himself at PIT last night..he said no more street captains , they've met their needs. said they would try to keep alot of the promises they've made this year to folks...maybe like yourself!

The guys who came to Island Air in June with over 2500TT are now flying as captains. Took them 5 months to upgrade.

If you come here being hired at the mins (1500TT/500ME) you'll have to have 500 hours in DHC-8 and a year with the company to make captain. Took me 1 year to upgrade.

Was talking about Aloha Island Air, not Colgan. We fly DHC-8's.

Upgrade time is 1 year unless you come with 2500TT and 1000 multi or so in which case it's measured in months...

Latest resources

Back