• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rchcfi

How slow can you go
Guys,

Sorry for posting this here, but I thought it might get the most looks in the shortest amount of time.

Today for the first time our UNS-1K cycled to the next waypoint 12 miles prior to reaching that fix. It did it 3 times on two different flights BUT only when I entered a STAR or an approach. I read through the manual but can't find this problem and I have a full week ahead of me, so I would like to get this issue resolved tonight or tomorrow morning. On a side note, even when it cycled and I pressed DTO that fix, it wouldn't accept it. (Like we already passed it, but we were still 10 miles away!)

Any help would be mucho appreciado!!!

Thanks,
RCHCFI

We've been having some similar problems. I called Universal and they said they were having some software issues. I think we are 601.5 but don't quote me on that. Are you getting a POS(Position Uncertain MSG)?

Try uploading your latest update again or trying a restack. Sometimes it does the trick.

Another consideration is whether or not something got screwed up during RVSM. We RVSM'd a year ago and still working out the kinks.

Hope this helps.

BTW-www.universalavionics.com

Thanks GearGuy.......We are operating 603 and I haven't seen the POS msg, but we do keep getting a TAS Invalid msg.

Guys , It might mean nothing to you since we operate UNS-1C but I kinda think that the glitch is in the a/s readout on the FMS, since the flightplan is defaulted to smart-turn before the waypoints the FMS considers 3 things before making the turn: 1. Angle of Turn
2. Groundspeed
3. Steering limits
So, either your "bank" or "half bank" on your flight dir. is acting up making the FMS smart turn way earlier than when it should or the g/s out of your ADC are incorrect making your FMS act stupid and turn 12 miles before the fix., the FMS should average about 2 min prior to the fix to begin the turn depending on your speed.

Try selecting OVFLY on your FMS and see If it will wait to get to the fix and then make the turn, also dont forget that while on an app the FMS makes every fix a OVFLY fix.

Hope this makes any sense.....

Pelican 10 said:
Hope this makes any sense.....

This makes perfect sense. I guess my mind was out to lunch when I started this thread. Also, being "new" to this FMS, I'm still trying to learn all of its options.

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back