Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Universal Jet....another crash on their record....3 more dead.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4 fatal accidents (not all in flight) in a 10-12 year period for a small charter company..yikes...

Mikey won't be getting that G650 anymore.....

All he wanted was the free type ratings out of Preston Henn, the owner of that G650.

4 fatal accidents (not all in flight) in a 10-12 year period for a small charter company..yikes...

And don't forget about the dead line guy that was killed putting nitrogen in the tire of one of UJETs Learjets....thinking it was low on nitrogen because of a huge fuel imbalance.

A huge fuel imbalance that was caused by Mike McCauley because Mike is too cool to follow the shut down checklist and HE neglected to close the cross-flow valve before shutting the batteries off after a flight the night before. Reckless/Careless operation of an aircraft.

You don't have to actually fly for UJET to die.....you just have to be associated with them. That line guy was an apprentice working part time at UJET towards his A&P.

RIP Jim

Last edited:
So now that a good amount of time has passed by, are there any viable theories on what caused the crash? Has it been established that the plane went off the side and not off the end?

So now that a good amount of time has passed by, are there any viable theories on what caused the crash? Has it been established that the plane went off the side and not off the end?

From what I've heard.....

They touched down fast at or near the touchdown zone....bounced/floated back into the air....then as the runway downsloped it made it harder to get it to touch down as they covered distance. They tried to get it down on the runway. Unfortunately the nose gear slammed first because of excessive speed causing the marks and the sudden turn, then the mains slammed down. It then went off the runway sharply and then into the tree/water.

Pilots who have been in there many times said if you don't plan for that downslope properly to keep the mains planted after initial touchdown......floating is what you get.

But who the hell knows.......right?

But who the hell knows.......right?

And there you said it all! But I hadn't heard anything so your two bits added some to the equation. Won't know anything until the report comes out, but this one had stayed on my mind. Thanks!

And there you said it all! But I hadn't heard anything so your two bits added some to the equation. Won't know anything until the report comes out, but this one had stayed on my mind. Thanks!

A friend of mine that flys in there all the time speaks with people at that airport. They say the markings left at the touchdown area from the first main gear touchdown, then the eyewitnesses who said they floated halfway down, hauling ass, and then nosed it on first......then the black marks from the nosewheel hitting down and black marks going off the runway......tells a lot.....

Latest resources

Back