Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United Pilots turn off "seatbelt" sign, then ram jetway. Two injured.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Two injured when plane slides into jetway at Sea-Tac airport

Seattle Times

Two passengers aboard a United Airlines plane from Chicago were injured Sunday night when the airplane slid into a jetway at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.

United spokesman Jeff Green said the plane arrived at the gate, N-6. It came to a stop and parked and the engines were being shut down. The seatbelt light was turned off and passengers began moving out of their seats when the airplane moved forward another 10 feet and hit part of the jetway.

It struck the engine cowling outside the engine, said Green, and caused minor damage to the engine. Passengers were jostled and one passenger and a flight attended were treated for minor injuries. The flight attendant was taken to St. Francis Hospital in Federal Way and was treated and released, Green said.

He said he didn't know why the airplane rolled into the jetway and is being examined by maintenance crew. The airplane is out of service.

Green said the airplane was carrying 145 passengers and six crew members.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/images/smilies/biker.gif

I wonder if the ramp guy did what I see, time and time again: Gave then the "chocks-in" sign, then turned around to go find the chocks. "You're going to get yourself run over," I've told them. Unless the chocks slid on ice, I'm betting they were never in place.

Just a theory.

CA1900 said:
I wonder if the ramp guy did what I see, time and time again: Gave then the "chocks-in" sign, then turned around to go find the chocks. "You're going to get yourself run over," I've told them. Unless the chocks slid on ice, I'm betting they were never in place.

Just a theory.
Could be anything, you know how the media gets these stories.

... At this time terrorism is not suspected. And now on to Julie with our evening weather ...

FN FAL,
I don't know if you meant to do this, but your title fails to reflect the information provided in the news article.

:confused: "Ram jetway" is an interesting interpretation of the info in the article.

Your title sounds like a headline typical of a liberal newsrag with an agenda.

I think FN FAL was trying to be funny.

I think.

Well, I'm pretty sure. ;)

AdlerDriver said:
FN FAL,
I don't know if you meant to do this, but your title fails to reflect the information provided in the news article.

:confused: "Ram jetway" is an interesting interpretation of the info in the article.

Your title sounds like a headline typical of a liberal newsrag with an agenda.
Agenda, a bad word? Safety is an agenda.

CA1900 said:

Nope, that's not it....I got the real scoop from an inside source. The Captain's foot slipped off the clutch while the engines were still running. :D

Clutch?! I've never found on of THOSE on my aircraft. No wonder I washed out of pilot training!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back