United Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Daveflier

Well Folks, I am lucky enough to have gotten an interview with United next week. I have searched high and low on many of these boards and have not been able to find any gouge. I am hoping that some of you might be able to help me out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

In a different thread, a dude who recently came back from the interview said he had to sign a confidentiality form and could not divulge the details of the interview.

What I have heard is that it is not like the interviews of the 90s, no sim, and more touchy-feely. I haven't heard how long the interview is or what questions there are. It's double secret stuff.

Good luck to you. I'm hoping to get the lasergrade email tomorrow or Tuesday.. I did the phone screen on Friday.

Dave,
go get the "Airline Techinical Interviews" book and the "Knock em Dead" interview book (available at kinko's). Those two books will not do you wrong. Keep in mind, each question they ask is done with the intent to uncover a personality trait. The "Knock Em Dead" book exposes what they are looking for. If they want to know about a time you made a huge mistake, don't tell them about landing on the Wrong runway in Corpus, tell them about the time you got caught up talking with your friends and walked out of a resturaunt without paying, and how you immediately went back in to make it right. Turn negatives into positives and try to avoid telling them how crappy of a pilot you are (and yes, we've all made HUGE mistakes in the jet...)

You'll do great. It's easy for us on the inside to say that, but the quality guys tend to rise to the top. Now why you want to fly for UAL at the current rates...that's another story. BTW, where did you fly before to have got that unique mix of experience (looks like UAL except for the 321s...)?

Last edited:
Well Folks, I am lucky enough to have gotten an interview with United next week. I have searched high and low on many of these boards and have not been able to find any gouge. I am hoping that some of you might be able to help me out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Try to convince them your IQ is 100 or slightly higher (this is tough if they discover you have any prior knowledge of the current CBA, yet still voluntarily applied). If you can, you should be golden. Good luck. Only good times ahead.

Latest resources

Back