Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iaflyer

Haulin the folks...
United called today to offer an interview. The dates offered were all next week in Chicago. Guess I made it past the all the steps. She didn't know when class dates would be, but said they want to hire 100 by the end of the year.

Good luck~!

Good luck to you. Can't wait to hear how it goes. May be there soon enough to find out for myself. We'll see.

How long between when you did the LaserGrade and the call for the interview?

I'm doing LaserGrade Monday.

What are you going to study to prepare!?

Good for you.

Mental note to self: If they ask how would you feel about a female capt. and a black FE?..... Don't respond that it looks like a good trip because you'll be getting a blowjob and a shoe shine.

All the best and that will be a hard decision to make. Crazy as that was THE job 6 years ago.

And you wonder why groups like WIA and OBAP exist, When's the next klan meeting?

And you wonder why groups like WIA and OBAP exist, When's the next klan meeting?
Obviously you never interviewed at United, nor watched their minority hiring practices in frustration as a WASP non-military male.

It's an inside joke, no racism intended.

Hell, 3 of my best friends are black (JB Captain, 747 F/O and MD-11 F/O), and one is a white female who is a power attorney for Paine Weber.

Hint: they all make more than I do. That's just life. The joke's still funny if you've ever had to study for a UAL interview. Some of the questions were like that:

"The Captain and you get to the hotel for the layover, agree to meet for dinner, and the CA comes down in a dress. What do you do?"

Correct Answer: "Go to dinner. Nothing wrong with a female Captain". What they ended up getting more often than not were people who were pre-disposed to the idea that airline Captains were, for the most part, male, and went off on a cross-dressing tangent.

Get it now? Jheesh... it's too early for that kind of animosity.

How long between when you did the LaserGrade and the call for the interview?

I'm doing LaserGrade Monday.

What are you going to study to prepare!?
It was two days between LaserGrade and the call.

Nothing to study when you go to LaserGrade - it's almost the same online personality assessment that you did previously, just two parts instead of one.

Or are you asking what I'm studying for the interview? I don't have much time to prepare - but typical interview stuff, with a look at United interviews from when they were hiring. When I scheduled the interview she said some technical questions and some situational. It will be a panel interview with HR and a Captain apparently.

Latest resources

Back