United DEN base which aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BTerence

Just wondering which aircraft will get me based in Denver the fastest, 737 or Airbus? How long to get based in Denver? Which base is easiest to commute to from Denver? Which aircraft gives the best QOL commuting from Denver? Thanks in advance.

Just wondering which aircraft will get me based in Denver the fastest, 737 or Airbus?

Either one will work. The last I checked, the 737 runs a bit more junior.

How long to get based in Denver?

A few months, if not weeks, if not an in class assignment.

Which base is easiest to commute to from Denver?

? Do you mean which domicile is easiest to commute from DEN?

Which aircraft gives the best QOL commuting from Denver?

I would say whichever aircraft get you senior the quickest so that you can bid commutable schedules. I'd guess that would be the 737.

I think I read in another thread that you were hired at UAL. Check out dis*31173 when you can sign onto unimatic. That page will have the junior man in base for every fleet, seat, and domicile. I'd cut and paste but the columns never seem to line up properly which makes the chart unsuable. The bigger the number in the "cell," the more junior it is.

Good luck and congrats. If you have any more questions, just PM me or one of the other UAL guys on here.

Good question I would like to have some insight on. Also if you had to commute from DEN would you rather go to SFO or ORD or LAX? Obviously DEN is my first choice but I hear it will take a while.

Good question I would like to have some insight on. Also if you had to commute from DEN would you rather go to SFO or ORD or LAX? Obviously DEN is my first choice but I hear it will take a while.

I guess it depends on what your definition is of "a while." Read above!

As far as which place sucks less to commute to- don't know. You're probably going to have widebody guys (i.e. senior guys) commuting from DEN to all three of those bases, but I don't know how many relatiave to the number of all the inter-hub flights.

ualdriver...Thanks for the info. I was a told a while being a couple years but what your posting it might be pretty quick in my book. Again, thanks for the info.

I used to be based out of both ORD and LAX; my ex-wife and kids live in DEN. I never had a problem visiting them when I was in LAX. There are a ton of flights in both directions.

You don't have weather issues with LAX like you do with SFO and ORD. Besides, you'll have enough wx issues with DEN.

When you start looking at commuting options to each city, you'll see that:
For ORD, you can fly in/out of ORD and MDW
For SFO, you can fly in/out of SFO, OAK, and SJC
For LAX, you can fly in/out of LAX, ONT, SNA, LGB, SAN and even LAS.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back