• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United and Continental Q3 Profits.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much profit sharing did you loose out on last year? Let me help you, ZERO. CAL reported a loss for the year.
Exactly my point. C02 profit sharing lasted exactly through the loss year so the pilots got ZERO, NADA for the entire run of their C02 profit sharing plan. The very next year, after this clause sunsetted, CAL makes a profit.

If the C02 profit sharing were still in effect for 2010 there would be significantly more coming the pilots' way. Instead they got grafted into the company's plan which will pay peanuts.

Imagine that.

You mean this factcheck.org? I acquiesce to the question but am still not convinced this will not happen further into the new "Obama health care plan".

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/8734/fact-checking-factcheck-org-obama-and-guns

http://24ahead.com/s/factcheck

http://www.therightsideoflife.com/2...ebirthers-and-donofrio-on-kenyan-citizenship/

http://www.fairtax.org/site/News2?id=8276&news_iv_ctrl=1541&page=NewsArticle

Until W2's are printed with the information that "is simply for determining whether empoyees have health care or not" and taxes are not levied, I will still remain skeptical. If is becomes a reality that no taxes are levied, so be it. All the better. One down, one major health care plan to go. The other shoe in this equation is, where does the federal govenment get the right to levy fines against citizens that choose to not have heath insurance?

Exactly my point. C02 profit sharing lasted exactly through the loss year so the pilots got ZERO, NADA for the entire run of their C02 profit sharing plan. The very next year, after this clause sunsetted, CAL makes a profit.

If the C02 profit sharing were still in effect for 2010 there would be significantly more coming the pilots' way. Instead they got grafted into the company's plan which will pay peanuts.

Imagine that.

That's funny...I must have received your profit sharing check February 14th 2008. Perhaps you can file a pay claim?

You mean this factcheck.org? I acquiesce to the question but am still not convinced this will not happen further into the new "Obama health care plan".

Of course, when you are losing the battle, don't admit defeat, just question the source. Standard technique.

Exactly my point. C02 profit sharing lasted exactly through the loss year so the pilots got ZERO, NADA for the entire run of their C02 profit sharing plan. The very next year, after this clause sunsetted, CAL makes a profit....

Imagine that.

Pilot profit sharing was not in effect last year. It ended December 2008. If CAL made a profit last year the pilots would have received ZERO Dollars.

"A. This Agreement will become effective on the date of signing hereof, will continue in
full force and effect through December 31, 2008 except as otherwise specifically
provided herein, and will renew itself without change until each succeeding December
31 thereafter unless written notice of intended change is served in accordance with
Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party hereto at least
sixty (60) days but no more than two hundred seventy (270) days prior to December
31, 2008, and the parties (unless they agree otherwise) will make every reasonable
effort to complete negotiations for amendments, if any, to this Agreement no later than
December 1, 2008. In addition, if neither party provides such notice prior to
December 31, 2008, either party may serve such notice at least sixty (60) days but no
more than two hundred seventy (270) days prior to December 31 of any year
thereafter."

Pilot profit sharing was not in effect last year. It ended December 2008. If CAL made a profit last year the pilots would have received ZERO Dollars.

Ok, ok, you win the point. So profit sharing ended two years before CAL made a profit instead of the year before. Either way, it ended before a profit was made. CAL's timing was off by a year, but it was still well-calculated on their part.

Last edited:
Ok, ok, you win the point. So profit sharing ended two years before CAL made a profit instead of the year before. Either way, it ended before a profit was made. CAL's timing was off by a year, but it was still well-calculated on their part.

It was also a conspiracy between every airline to lose money the past two years and all make money this year to ultimately screw CAL pilots. Take off the tinfoil hat, dude.

Densoo,

Seriously, take you head out of your butt and check you pay register for February 2008. Every pilot (but you apparently) received a profit sharing check. Our profit sharing check for this February will be about half of what the February 2008 check was. Or...you can keep denying reality and posting inaccurate information.

Of course, when you are losing the battle, don't admit defeat, just question the source. Standard technique.

You are right in this case but how can you not question the source? Factcheck is anything but that. Next you'll be saying NPR is unbiased and family oriented.

The original point is, will we be taxed on our health care that the comaony pays for. No. According to current sources other than factcheck.org, it appears only on your W2 for "administrative purposes only". But why your W2? It would be easy enough for any company to prove they have health care for their employees and they are paying for it when open enrollment occurs. If I have to eat my hat on this one I will but there will be a tax in the foreseeale future on your company paid healthcare.

You are right in this case but how can you not question the source? Factcheck is anything but that. Next you'll be saying NPR is unbiased and family oriented.

The original point is, will we be taxed on our health care that the comaony pays for. No. According to current sources other than factcheck.org, it appears only on your W2 for "administrative purposes only". But why your W2? It would be easy enough for any company to prove they have health care for their employees and they are paying for it when open enrollment occurs. If I have to eat my hat on this one I will but there will be a tax in the foreseeale future on your company paid healthcare.

It will be a taxed benefit. Why shouldn't it be taxed? Your travel benefits are. If taxed, just maybe it will keep people from having 5-7 kids. :D

Latest resources

Back