• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ual

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL liquidating would be like a shot of adrenalin for the entire industry......lets just keep praying that they won't make it much longer!

UAL is like a giant parasite.

Daniel Webster,

Again, sir, you are an idiot.

With your myopic view of things, I'm sure that UAL's liquidation would be a plus. To the tens of thousands of UAL and UAX employees, though, this would not be the case. Tell me how a market flooded with another 8,000 or so pilots is a good thing for the industry? How would the customer benefit with less competition from all remaining carriers? How would leasing companies and aircraft manufacturers benefit in a UAL liquidation scenario?

I urge you once again to simply partake in your keg parties with your fraternity brothers and fly your 747-400 for your Microsoft Flight Simulator virtual airline and leave the discussion to the professionals.

In other words, get lost...again.

KAK

I guess skywest is the winner or loser...depending on how you see it.

BTW...Daniel Webster is winning cause he's getting under your skin!!! if you dont like what he says guys...just ignore his post.

Thats what I would do.

:cool:

Reuters

SkyWest in Expanded Deal with United

Tuesday June 10, 7:34 am ET

CHICAGO (Reuters) - SkyWest Inc. (NasdaqNM:SKYW - News), a regional jet service provider for Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News) and bankrupt United Airlines, on Tuesday said it signed an expanded 11-year deal to fly regional service for United Express.
The deal provides for a multi-year rate agreement, the terms of which were not disclosed. SkyWest will be reimbursed for operating costs plus a base margin and performance-based incentives.

United, the world's second largest carrier, is a unit of UAL Corp. (OTC BB:UALAQ.OB - News), which filed for bankruptcy in December.

SkyWest, which is based in St. George, Utah, said the deal calls for it to operate a fleet of 140 jets including 55 turbo-prop aircraft currently serving the United Express fleet. It will also fly another 55 50-seat regional jets that will be in service by the end of the year and 30 70-seat regional jets scheduled to be on United Express routes by summer, 2005.

Life's a b!tch!

I'm not gonna cry when UAL gets liquidated. I think that the reduction in capacity is just what this industry needs. That way ticket prices can go up, and this "race to the bottom" with pilot compensation can stop.

I'm sick of taking paycuts because of United sucking the entire industry dry........BTW, I think JBLU's announcement today will ultimately end with US Airways going bye-bye, and Delta severly crippled. Two (UAL and U) outta three ain't bad.

Latest resources

Back