• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Seeks Lower Fees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
re: lowballing in the airline industry or any industry.....

THE BITTERNESS REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICES IS FORGOTTEN.

said another way for you morons....

YOU GET WHAT PAY FOR!

lowballers usually end up in bankruptsy court......themselves

it's simply impossible for UAL to dump ACA in IAD. last I heard somewhere close to 30% of everyone boarding a UAL airplane in IAD come off of an ACA airplane. Talk about loosing your a$$. The fact is UAL needs to make money NOW. They can't afford to wait for the dregs of the airline industry to set up shop. Then again, in this industry, you never know... February 28th is pucker day for ACA...

SKYWEST CONTRACT

It is my understanding that SkyWest does not have a contract with United. They were in negotiations when UAL filed chap 11. That could be a good thing and a bad thing for SkyWest. The good side for SKYW is that if UAL keeps pushing for a rate reduction SkYW could take there aircraft and go home (or fly for some one else). UAL could not stop them. It is some what suprising to me that Delta, Contenental, and North West have not gotton together to try to get SkyWest to fly all their United aircraft for them. United is so strapped right now, I don't think they could survive the blow. You still have to hope that they pull it out, but not at the cost of the wages at the regional level.

Fam62c:

I've thought of that same scenario. Collectively, the 3 UEX carriers have all the leverage they need. I'd be surpised, though, to see my company, Air Wiskey, pull the trigger on this. Our management is very conservative.

But, they have done a few things that have surprised all of us (the AirTran deal), so anything is possible. The three amigos (our owners) must be drooling over the thought of all the revenue from the Aspen flights going directly to their own pockets

I think Air Wisconsin, ACA and SkyWest should merge to form one big low cost carrier. I think we would could dominate the US market. Wouldn't that be something.

Latest resources

Back