UAL pilots thread closure

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dan Roman

I guess you guys closed the thread about minorities at UAL because it was obvious flamebait.
My feelings are let people speak. the way the thread was going it was obvious the majority are to smart to buy in to it. Peoples opinions usually say more about themselves than who they are speaking about. In this case it was obvious that 80 by 80 is a frustrated wanna be. That thread had little to do with minority pilots and everything to do with the fact that there are a few frustrated pilots that are weak and looking for something to blame rather than improve themselves.
Have you noticed that the pilots that go around saying military pilots are weak or civilian pilots are weak are in fact very weak themselves? After 30 years in this business I've noticed that has always proven to be true. Any pilot who claims civilian, military, minority, legacy, upstart, RJ pilots or whatever are weak, in fact always turns out to be a bit of a loser themselves. I believe it's called an inferiority complex.

I agree with both of you, but the problem is that other members complained about 80for80 and his rash of flamebait threads that were started in the last few days. I think that thread would be good and provide some interesting info but due to who posted it and his intentions, the thread would turn into another thread about 80for80, not the topic at hand. Every other post being a "this is flambait" or "just ignore this idiot" kind of comments would infect the thread and take away from the starting idea, so that is the reason it was closed. I hope you understand.

I agree with both of you, but the problem is that other members complained about 80for80 and his rash of flamebait threads that were started in the last few days. I think that thread would be good and provide some interesting info but due to who posted it and his intentions, the thread would turn into another thread about 80for80, not the topic at hand. Every other post being a "this is flambait" or "just ignore this idiot" kind of comments would infect the thread and take away from the starting idea, so that is the reason it was closed. I hope you understand.

I understand your position.

No worries Longhorn, I didn't mean my post as an attack on closing down the thread, I meant it to make a point that petty folks like 80 by 80 are a small minority.

While I agree that the approach of many is wrong, and that last thread was filled with that sort of flame bait hyperbole; the fact remains that the hiring of minorities (but especially white upper middle class women; as at least it could be argued that $ are an obstacle in this career and all to often blacks and hispanics, etc do come from underprivileged backgrounds) over otherwise qualified white males for the sole reason of having "diversity" or meeting some quota as was the case at UAL is evil, wrong and unfair at best, and dangerous at worse.

In an environment where there are 1000 qualified, clean and worthy applicants for every "good job", there is no room for gender politics, not to mention in a profession where safety is first, quality should out class quota. More over, race to a very minor extent can be argued to be a factor, but myself being of a non-white race (at least by outward appearance) have never experienced any discrimination. I've also worked at two places both notoriously known to be places that aren't friendly to minorities, and can tell you that the their reputations were ill deserved.

In the end, the fact is that 400 hour women were being picked up off the campus at SJSU into the right seat of a 737 in the mid 90's while 3500 ATPs with perfect records were being disgraced out of job interviews, and that is a bane on UAL, and anyone who defends it should re-think his position as a "professional" in this industry that today more than ever is in dyer need of professionalism.

Last edited:
In the end, the fact is that 400 hour women were being picked up off the campus at SJSU into the right seat of a 737 in the mid 90's while 3500 ATPs with perfect records were being disgraced out of job interviews, and that is a bane on UAL, and anyone who defends it should re-think his position as a "professional" in this industry that today more than ever is in dyer need of professionalism.

Well put! Kudos

V1

So your avatar is an accurate representation? :laugh:

You know!! I'm sick and tired of you humans being so racist!

We're it not for us, you wouldn't even have the wheel to create the landing gear of these planes you "think" :rolleyes: we Cavemen can't fly!

I mean, give me a break! :rolleyes:

I demand Caveman Affirmative Action!! This proves we need it!

:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back