Type rating Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great cornholio said:
I know that when in the sim (with the airlines) you have to do certain circles that are approved by the FAA. So you cant just go to any airport and make up a circle. For the 1900 and the J41 we circled at JFK. In the EMB we have to circle at either MEM or IND. Im not totally sure, but I belive that these circles are approved by each airlines POI so Im sure that there are all kinds of different things at each airline.

Straight-in and circling approaches are checked by the National Simulator Evaluation Team (NSET) during initial and recurrent simulator evaluations. The POI can approve any approach that the NSET has satisfactorily checked. JFK and MEM have the best runway setups for simulator circling approaches and most Level C and D simulators are approved for one or the other. I'm not aware of any requirement for a separate training program to be approved for removing circling approach restrictions.

I did some checking. There are Part 142 schools that have an approved course to have a circle limitation removed. It was one training event and one checking event done by the Training Center Evaluator (TCE). The TCE is the approved DE for that center. A Check Airman cannot remove a limitation on a certificate, It must be an Inspector, TCE, or a DE that has that authority.

JAFI

I had the limitations on my BA-4100 and CL-65 types. Since I got my ATP in the BA-4100, the limitation was also on my ATP.

I then train on the A320 at Airbus Miami, and did the type without the limitation, which removed the limitation from my ATP. It remains on my 41 and RJ type, but I'll probably never fly them again.

The restriction is such a none issue, it's the only restriction SWA allows on the 737 type.

Can a person obtain an ATP and type rating at the same time in a sim at FlightSafety with less than 2000TT? I have been discussing this with a friend and we both disagree on the subject.

IMlovinIT said:
Can a person obtain an ATP and type rating at the same time in a sim at FlightSafety with less than 2000TT? I have been discussing this with a friend and we both disagree on the subject.
You should be able to take an ATP and Type ride at the same time, as long as you meet all the ATP requirements. It might add an extra approach or two, and maybe some others things...depends on the type program. Let the instructor know you want your ride to also include your ATP rating.

If you fail the ride, you will however get two pink slips at the same time.

Latest resources

Back