Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Shamus

FL 510
Where can you find it in writing? Multiple a/c on one type, such as: LR 20, 30, series and LR-55 on one type, G-II and G-III on the G-1159 type, and I think all the Hawkers are on one type except the Hawker 1000/Horizon?

Thanks.

what?

Dude, if you really have flown the aircraft that you say you have....you should know the answer to this question. my ATP for example states LR-JET
for my learjet type rating which is good for the 20,30,50 series.
Another one would be B737...........for all of them.
i cant believe that i took time out for this question......(opps did i say that out loud)?
lol

I would contact FSI or PAIFA, since they both do a lot of bizjet work, they'll tell you exactly which goes with which. For my part, I've been wondering whether a CRJ type is also a Challenger type, being as they both are CL-65.

flyboyike said:
I would contact FSI or PAIFA, since they both do a lot of bizjet work, they'll tell you exactly which goes with which. For my part, I've been wondering whether a CRJ type is also a Challenger type, being as they both are CL-65.

No I think their separate. I think that a challenger type is a CL60 whereas the RJ is a CL65.
Any official input?

Shamus said:
Where can you find it in writing? Multiple a/c on one type, such as: LR 20, 30, series and LR-55 on one type, G-II and G-III on the G-1159 type, and I think all the Hawkers are on one type except the Hawker 1000/Horizon?

Thanks.

I do not have it in front of me, but there is an FAA order that spells out what aircraft qualify under a specfic type.

JJET44 said:
No I think their separate. I think that a challenger type is a CL60 whereas the RJ is a CL65.
Any official input?

Correct.

SabreFlyR said:
I do not have it in front of me, but there is an FAA order that spells out what aircraft qualify under a specfic type.

I'm not sure which Order you are thinking about, but try this AC:

AC No: 61-89E PILOT CERTIFICATES: AIRCRAFT TYPE RATINGS

The last pages contain all the type ratings and which rating covers how many/which airraft.

JAFI

Flight Standardization Board Reports also list aircraft variants which fall under single type ratings...such as a DC9. Variants that fall under the single DC9 type are all the DC9s (-10, -30, -32, -50, etc...) in addition to the MD-80, MD-90 and B-717.

I'd still like to know how they got the 717 to fall under the DC-9 type. I thought there was a requirement for the cockpit to have only so many differences, and those are two that are like night and day.

Look around. It seems to happen more often than you think. A 767-400 is still a 767. A 747-400 is still a 747 (at least as far as the type goes). All the 737 NGs are the same type rating as a 737-100 or -200. Of course, differences training or even a separate training course are required, but the type ratings still say 737, DC9, 747 or 757/767 even when you fly such a wide variation of models.

As far as the 717 goes....that precedent had already been set. It was just a shortened version of the MD-90 callled the MD-95. Yes, the cockpit had been updated a bit from the original MD90, but it was still an MD90....and an MD90 was still a DC9.

Latest resources

Back