• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

twin cessna down in FXE - All ends well

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I live right near where it happened, in fact I didn't hear about it until I saw it sitting in the middle of the road and had to make a detour. There isn't a mountain there, but just a big pile of dirt. The camera lens makes it look alot bigger for some reason.

FYI, the airplane was/is owned/operated by a company called Sky Limo, just your typical SoFla charter operator. Take that for what its worth.

Kudos to the pilot for being able to put it down somewhat safely in a very populated area.

Edited to add: The news just said the pilot was only 21.

Last edited:
The crash happened less than a mile from my house. The mountain is acutally a pile of dirt that they have put there from a construction site across the road. The photo is amazing because it does look like the crash was in AZ or somewhere else. I thought we had two engines so that we could land if one failed. I fly ETOPS all over the world with two engines when I see such professionalism I begin to wonder if I have been sold a bill of goods. The only justifiable way to crash a twin is to have dual engine failure, unless the pilot had a mafia boss mad at him and messed with his fuel I question the validity of the crash. On the other hand if the pilot messed up with one and got to low maybe he had no choice but to match the awesome flying of the C-5A "captain" in Dover earlier this year.....

Various news outlets said there was a fuel spill, but that doesn't mean fuel was getting to the engines, or that there wasn't contaminated fuel.

The_Russian said:
Angel King are we neighbors?

Davie guy... I grew up there.

In Plantation now....(lotsa Flightinfo neighbors)

CE

I saw it on CNN and the lady was saying something along the lines of "the pilot then had to fly the aircraft manually". OMG, WHO DOES THAT?

[/sarcarsm]

Just so you all know. 1 gallon was sumped from the wings.

Fuel exhaustion.

CE

Latest resources

Back