TSA or PDT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TH45

Without any biased or stupid answers, which regional do you think would be better (short/long term) to work at... and yes I understand all regionals suck (and there maybe be better ones out there), but those are the options at this point... Thanks

As for TSA: Last upgrade class in the jet was Nov 2003. Pretty good by industry std's as of today. All of the pilots and FA's are really nice. Just picked up flying out of San Antonio for UA. Took me about 8 months to hold a line in the jet and we're "supposedly" going to be an all jet fleet by June of this year. RIC is a good town and not a bad base. STL, IMHO, is God's gift to Satan and I can't stand the town or the airport, but that's just me.
As far as Mgmt is concerned, they are a bunch of schiesters with Uncle Hoolie as their ringleader. Pay scales are a little out of date but you still can survive as an FO if you're single and have no kids. Talks have just begun for the new contract so it's not going to be such a wonderful place to be for a while but our MEC kicks a$$ and hopefully we'll come out ok in the end with the contract (I'm of course being optimistic). As far as the whole HoJet's deal is concerned, I just ignore it when I go to work and that keeps me from getting pissed off so it makes the job more bearable. Everything has kind of been put on the back burner concerning it, since they're now with Hoffa's clan and contract talks have started. As for our jumpseat issue we have had, it will be returned to the way it was by the end of the week. (see other threads) All in all, I don't mind it here. There are better places and worse places than here, but when the name of the game is get the upgrade as fast as you can, get your 1000 turbine PIC and move on, I'm not complaining.
Schpiel Ended.

Last edited:
My best friend and I got jobs at the same time. He works for PDT me for TSA. He's gotten a lot more flying (and in doing so more money) as it has taken me over 8 months to hold a line. He also really enjoys not dealing with the day to day BS that seems to be associated with TSA. However, he will be the first to admit that I will probably upgrade first. Go for where you want to live and whats more important for you, more money right now and less BS, or a little less money right now and a shorter upgrade. Good luck.

If you do or want to live in RIC or STL then I say come to TSA. I'm not really sure where the PDT bases are but it you want to live at any of their bases then go there. Things here at TSA are pretty bad right now. We have lost over 15 planes in the past year (ok well that counts the 6 or 8 41s that will be gone in june). And as far as I know there is no growth. Keep hearing about how we got the Coex flying, but who knows I'll believe that when I see it. I upgraded on the J41 at exactly a year and a half. I'm only flying about 10 hours a month right now though so that kinda sucks. TSA management sucks because they always seem to kick us when we are down and the morale here at TSA right now is pretty bad because of contract negotiations and I think it will get worse before it gets better.

Stay Away From Tsa

TSA is growing, PDT is not. Not sure about the TSA employees, but I'm sure you would have a hard time finding a better group to work for at PDT.

they all suck!!! all of them!!!!! It doesnt matter where you go...you'll be bitching about who ever your flying for before you know it. I do think that as a whole, we at TSA are the best when it comes to bitching. Im very proud of that and I challenge anyone who thinks differently.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back