Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
Yesterday, I entered my home airport (DFW) through a security check point fully staffed by the TSA for the first time. I was shocked! They were courteous, efficient, intelligent, and American! But it didn't stop there. They actually treated me like what I am, their partner in airport security...as opposed to a potential security threat that the Argenbright knuckleheads treated me like.

After I cleared the entry, I went over to the supervisors and shook both their hands, told them that we were all glad to have them (the TSA) there, and that they were doing a great job.

I don't think anyone ever complimented them before; they didn't know what to say.

I don't know if the TSA is going to completely fix airport security--I tend to doubt it--but I'm glad to see them focusing their attention on actual problems instead of flight crews. By the way, I'm not alone in this attitude; everybody I talked to from my company agreed that the TSA is a massive improvement over what we had.

I hope they keep it up.

Last edited:
Not too shabby...

I was down at DFW today, too. In civvies and with my son (had to go to ops). I showed my SIDA badge and they actually treated me like I belonged there. The where courteous, professional and very good command of the english language.

I will withhold judgement for a while until I get around the system and see if it is consistent. I was impressed though, and hope it keeps up.

So far, so good.

That being said, I didn't feel any safer than before. To be fair I never felt unsafe though. Granted the TSA isn't really there to make us safer, just to make the public feel better. As long as they make things less of a pain in the a$$, maybe the public will come back.

Load factor, load factor, GO! GO! GO!
Load factor, load factor, GO! GO! GO!

:D :D :D

avbug said:
Eventus stultorum magister

What does that mean?

Experience is the master of fools.

Or more loosely, Fools must be taught by experience.

My experience with TSA at BWI has been great so far. Who ever I dealt with, they were nice, had english as their primary language, and they all wished me a good flight.

Glad to hear it.

I am glad to hear of some good experiences.

I also want to publicly apologize to Mr. RichardFitzwell. I am sorry I have bashed in the last few days and posts. I neither know you or others that work for the TSA. I was just going on what I have heard and observed at the airport the last time I flew. I hope that the TSA and it's employees can make things better for all passengers. Although I still believe profiling needs to be done.

Good luck to all and Fly safe.
Truse, Fitzwell

I posted a while back that I thought the TSA was a 180 degree change from the previous knuckle draggers. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. Though I was still selected to have the 'special' screening as a non-rev, they had it done within minutes. They were polite but not friendly. Almost a military type efficiency. I think they were at MCO earlier than most other places. Glad to see they're at other airports now. Let the Ardenbright people go back to their caves...

It's amazing what paying TSA employees more than a 3-4 year regional F/O does for their professionalism and great attitudes! I guess if I was making that much money my first year with only a H.S. Diploma if you're lucky, I'd have a grin on my face too.

I was in GRR and GSO last week during a 4 day trip, and I swear that the TSA at those 2 airports had a 2 to 1 ratio between them and the number of passengers in the terminal. How many of these new screeners do they think we need anyway?

I will say that I don't have a beef with any of them. They were all very courteous and professional. When I told one of them that they make more than our 3 and 4 year First Officers, he laughed and said "I don't think so". He actually thought that I was lying to him. That's just plain sad!

It is sad that the screeners make more than the 3 or 4 yr. F/O, I remember those days at Great Lakes, but it is also sad that I and many other pilots on furlough have to go and work for the TSA for much less than what we were accustomed too. Don't get me wrong I am thankful for the job that will pay me 32.9 a year, but I think right about now I would much rather be one of those F/O's making a little less. I never thought I would miss flying as much as I do. You people who have flying jobs, count your blessings. It sucks to see your buddies going thru security on their way to their airplanes to start a trip.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back